or Connect

Posts by wesos

Small in which???     Not to seem like i'm second guessing you, but have you used these trees in this size boot?
I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere; I did search, but found nothing.   I have a pair of Macquaries sz 7F on their way and looking to get a pair of Woodlore trees, maybe Epics or the Boot Tree. I seem to be on the border between XS and S for the Epic, and (confusingly) S and M for the Boot Tree.   Does anyone have experience buying Woodlore (or other branded) trees for this size of RMW boot?   Cheers   W
Just got my small tan duffel and couldn't be happier.  I was concerned it would be a bit too small and wished there was a size between the small and medium, but in fact it is roomier than anticipated.  Definitely a weekender, in temperate climates, anyway.     Yes, damn fine bag!  There couldn't be more than a handfull of Filsons in my city, not that it matters (well, it kinda does).  Yet again, SF has shown that something I didn't know existed a month ago was the...
Yeah judging by the website, customer relations isn't their strong suit.  Did you get the coat you wanted in the end?   How is/was it cut?  Not too voluminous?
Don't expect a response if you email them.   If it's a MTO it will take at least 4 weeks.     I would call if you want to confirm that order has been placed and ask about how long until despatch.
Can you post a pic or two?
nobody knows...
Does anyone know about this company and their house trenchcoats?  I searched the SF archives but bizarrely there is no reference to them anywhere.  Perhaps the picture on their home page puts people off...     www.traditionalrainwear.co.uk/     Seems like they have something to do with Burberry and Aquascutum.  Keen to know more, though!
Thanks for the replies.   As I said in the first post, I have only applied one coat of wax to the creased area of the shoe, so I would be surprised if excess wax were the cause.   I am going to err on the side of caution for the time being and stay away from the Renomat.  By shoe cream do you mean something like Dark Brown Saphir Pommadier?  And if this is the right stuff, in future should I be leaving the wax for the toe box and the cream for the vamp?     I...
May I ask you afficianados your opinions on my recently purchased Edgwares.  I have worn them about 6 times in as many weeks.  I have put a coat of conditioner in that time and a few layers of wax in one session; and I use trees.  What I'm concerned about is this light-coloured surface "cracking" in the creases and also along the outer edge of the vamp, and it began to appear almost immediately. I have seen pics of other, older Edgwares and brown C&Js which do not have...