or Connect

Posts by Gerry

I could do with some advice here guys. I had an accident with my C&J Conistons, I split some melted butter on the right side of the toecap of the right boot. The stain was blackish so right from the start I knew it was a big problem. I immersed the toecap in talcum powder for about 48 hrs and then inspected the stain, it had gone right through the layers of polish to the leather. I now had no option but to use water and saddle soap to strip the layers of polish to get to...
Charlie, Is the leather used in the Roller Buckle Bridle Leather Belt and the Kensington Bridle Leather Belt the same as in thickness and quality? Thanks.
And I for one Thank you for it, I applaud your attittud, it's good that the shoe lovers of all nationalities get to see these beauties up close. BTW welcome to Styleforum.
What you need to remember is that it is thread that is wearing down, not exactly the most hard wearing of materials. How and where it wears down will also depend on your gait and as has already been said the surfaces you have been walking on. I would not be worried about it at all but you could keep an eye on it.
Found myself in San Francisco on my way back to Dublin so having looked up Alden on Google maps I took a trip to 170 Sutter. What a nice shop and very helpfull staff. I did not have any particular shoe in mind except that I always wanted a pair of Alden and they are not easy to come by on this side of the Atlantic. Eventually I settled on these: They feel like a very solid shoe, I can only imagine what the doubled soled ones feel like, anyway the leather does seem...
There is no doubt the range of Saphir Medaille D'Or polish contains Natural Turpentine Oil, Avel mention this on their website.
Fucking Tourists!!
I use a Saphir product on my suede Sahara boots from Church, it is called Super INVULNER and I found it to be very effective. It's an excellent water proffer and I once dropped a small piece of soft'ish butter on the front of my boots and it prevented a stain. Anyway I would recommend it but like all similar products it should be applied when shoes are new and every few months thereafter depending on how often you wear the shoes. One caveat, all this types of sprays...
I would suggest more than a half inch and less than an inch is good. Seems to me those shoes are a good fit although it would have been helpfull to see what they look like laced up, also bear in mind that while a half size up will not be much longer they will be roomier in the vamp. So unless those shoes are too tight across the vamp you are good to go. If they feel very tight across the vamp/instep then maybe a half size up would be in order.
Nice to have that to look forward to, enjoy.