or Connect

Posts by ancdmd

Is the cream jacket ok to wear as a guest to a wedding?  Yes or no?  It's the cotton/linen Suitsupply cream DB, with taupe BR slacks, white/brown stripe shirt, navy tie.  Wedding is this weekend in Key West, FL at 5:30pm.  It's at a high-end resort on the beach, but as of yet I don't know if the ceremony is on the sand (doubt it).  Groomsmen are wearing gray tuxes, and I believe the dress is "cocktail chic" or "cocktail..." something.  I know it's not "black-tie optional"....
how about www.deoveritas.com
great prices, reputable merchant   http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfc/Persol-minc-slb-l.html
Where are you in Florida?  I'd suggest my Astor & Black rep here in Miami but you won't find much love for A&B here on this forum.  With made-to-measure A&B you'll have all the options you want as far as customizing the suit's features and design, plus a wide range of fabrics, and the quality is way better than anything cheap OTR such as Mens Wearhouse or Macys.  My rep here is light years more talented than most so I wouldn't just go with any of them.   Your other...
16 and in Mansion or LIV?  Jesus.  Well I guess I can't blame you, twelve years ago I was 25 and grabbed a few girls off the sidewalk to use as arm candy to help me get into the hottest place in South Beach, turns out they were two 16-yr olds and a 14-yr old.  Realized it AFTER my brother and I bought them shots to thank them for the help.  Of course that was back when they didn't check ID's.  And the girls were Brazilian, so lets just say they looked more the part than...
Why wasn't the suit just remade, if it needed $500 worth of alterations?  Also are you referring to the canvas material or the lining itself?  And when you say "construction", are you referring to the stitching and build quality or just the materials quality?  I personally think the canvass should be kinda flimsy so the jacket drapes well and molds to the body better.  I hate stiff suits
Spring/summer line should be out any day now from Suitsupply, anxious to see their new offerings...
    I know some have had bad experiences.  I have three suits and four shirts from them and I too am not 100% satisfied with them either.  However, knowing what I know now, I would be comfortable using them again for one suit at that price.  In his situation, he needs one suit just for a single event, not something to wear twice a week to work for two years.  He can get any design details he wants and they have many colors of fabric to choose from.  Like I said the...
Astor & Black has a deal right now, $599 for a suit and two shirts.  Just make sure you know exactly what all your measurements are because you can't trust the rep to get it right from measuring your body.
  Ok thanks for the clarification Simon, looking forward to hearing some testimonials from clients here on SF.