or Connect

Posts by Kent Wang

I think I want to do the left design but without the "arms" and back, instead with a back like the one on the right. If steaming and molding the back to be curved is too hard/expensive I'd be fine with it straight, though still with that oval shape. What I like about the design on the left is that the back legs are at an angle, and the seat allows the upholstery to hang over webbing.   Thoughts?
The Ponti look boring. What's the deal with vinyl? Did no one use leather back then?
The fit is identical to the suits. The gorge does look a bit higher on these, but I think it's because of the camera angle.
Kent Wang RTW trousers, mid grey wool $145, cotton khaki $125 Brown tweed herringbone sportcoat $495
I just read through that thread. None of those designs excite me. I prefer all wood. No metal, and definitely no plastic.
That Maloof chair is quite tame compared to the others I found. Rather sinuous, nouveau-esque even.   My search would be much easier if I accepted chairs with arms. What do you think of arms? I have only owned dining chairs without arms, and I believe most restaurants are the same. I'm afraid that they restrict movement, should you wish to turn your body to the side to speak. But allowing yourself to rest your arms on the seat arms is perhaps preferable or more...
I want to commission a bespoke six-person dining table and chairs. I've contacted a few local carpenters/woodworkers. To me, the mid-century style is the ideal balance of expressive while still understated.   For the chairs, I want upholstery only on the seat, none on the back. No arms.      Example 1. This is decent, but perhaps a bit too simple, not expressive enough. I don't like the half moon back rest.     Example 2. The molded wood might be hard to do,...
Then you'll like this map of Iceland.     It doesn't make for as good of a pocket square though.
At least until Christmas. Maybe even 2014.
I got Akesson's (France) Brazil, Amano (Utah) Dos Rios, Al Nassma (Dubai) camel milk. I picked them all up from Chocolate Covered in San Francisco; haven't really found a shop I like in London yet.