or Connect

Posts by Kent Wang

11. Round up if you're in between sizes.
All of our squares have handsewn and rolled hems. The linen ones are sewn by my aunt in Shanghai, who's retired and does it for fun (I pay her too, of course), and the others are sewn in France.
Jeff: I'm very sorry you had that impression. I was extremely busy at the trunk show with many other customers. I am just as happy to sell sneakers as I am suits—honestly those are easier for me than the much more time-consuming business of suits. If you'd still like your free pocket square, please email sales@kentwang.com and we'll ship you one of your choice. Anyone else that didn't get a chance to get one, please also email us.

We changed the Bauhaus watch to 39 mm since the Hodinkee review. Most people prefer the smaller size.
I'm about to board my plane from London to San Francisco. I'll decide about the location of the dinner around Friday.      I'll be bringing both the Bauhaus and Art Deco watches.
  Entokuin in Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. Some Googling indicates it's by Hasegawa Tōhaku (1539-1610).   Not super minimal, but one of the most minimal (and colorful!) feudal era art that I've seen.
Thanks for the terms. I just did some more reading on them.   Do you think the Throne of Blood style is modern? Would that be anachronistic considering the setting is in the feudal era? I'm not sure it's strictly a fusuma-e as those look to be walls, as sliding doors typically have a slot for the 'handle'.   This Met catalog of their Motoyama exhibition has a good collection of fusuma-e and byobu-e. One of their explanations for the clouds is, "By dividing the scene...
The flannels we have are quite light weight, 270 g, same weight as our four season worsted wool. I don't find that they fit any snugger. If you're really concerned, add 0.5 or 1 cm at the shoulder, chest, and waist.
I just watched this recently, one of the best Kurosawa films (Seven Samurai bored me to tears).       The throne room walls are decorated in this fascinating style, a minimal representation of clouds. Probably with gold, though hard to tell in black and white.   Does anyone know more about this art style? Is there a name for it?     Gilded clouds seem to be a common motif in Japanese art, as seen in this folding screen, which I made into a pocket square.