or Connect

Posts by Hany

No pocket on OCBD=FAIL. But to each their own.
PM sent!
I'm talking about loss of opportunity for Palestinians yet you answer for the Gulf. I talk about great universities in the Levant yet you answer with Gulf examples. Muslim extremism was present but condemned by the majority and not as widespread before Israel. And don't tell me that Israel was attacked by its neighbours when it was the one who originally came and stole the land, houses and possessions of the Palestinians by the use of deadly weapons and force. How can a...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter how did you prove it? the middle east without israel would be a lot worse off than africa. -educated population with great universities that are recognized internationally -history of democracy before Israel came and destabilized the region with the help of Americans and Britons. -Israel has created a state of war and instability -Presence of Israel has made the ME elite leave their country in quest of...
Quote: Originally Posted by cross22 LMAO, you are getting completely off track here. I have no problem Arabs or any other human groups having smart members. This discussion has nothing to do with Arabs as individuals. You claim Arab culture is superior to ours, and you drag on this discussion without offering any proof. The original thought was that the ME w/o Israel would be like Africa which I believe I have proved to be complete and utter...
Quote: Originally Posted by cross22 I already asked you but you did not oblige. Need more time googling maybe? Is it that anyone you found was western educated anyways? Or are they in prisons in their respective Arab countries since they do not tolerate their ideas? I call it western medicine because it was developed, synthesized, and institutionalized by the west. You can not show any systematic development or advancement of medicine in the Arab...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Is this guy for real? This was pure genius, whichever one of you thought to create this character. Sup buddy, might want not to appear as having nothing to say as it gives me a certain feeling of achievement. ;-)
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter yes, please. I spend a lot of time in the Gulf - all the doctors there, all the archetects, all the engineers, pretty much everyone who requires an education isn't from there. the best minds in the middle east aren't even from the middle east. how many nobel prices have been won by arabs? how many books are published by arabs every year, compared to say, Spain? (when Spain has about 1/50th as many people as...
Quote: Originally Posted by cross22 You have conveniently tried to use middle east and Arab interchangeably, which is smart. The comment you were responding to was about Arabs being better off without Israel. If memory serves me right Avicenna was Persian and not Arab. What some Persian did 1000 years ago is not a proof that Arabs are superior to Westerners today. As a matter of fact, Persians are probably as much at conflict with Arabs as Israelis...
Quote: Originally Posted by cross22 I dare you do name a doctor, scientist or a "walking encyclopedia" that doesn't rely 99% on western medicine and science for their work. Why do you call it western medicine? Isn't Avicenna the father of modern medicine? Well sorry but he is Middle Eastern and not "western". While we're at it he also happens to be one of the greatest thinkers and medical scholars in the history of humanity.