or Connect

Posts by a-rock

I'd vote for Oakwood... slightly darker than the Sand which I think adds a lot to versatility. Not to mention it's more unique as every mall store now carries the basic Sand, Brown, and Beeswax.
I'm not a fan of the last. It's very similar to the John Varvatos DBs which also have that upturned toe. Looks clownish. If they're the same as the prior M+O ones, the quality honestly can't be that much worse than Clarks. Although those were priced at $159 or something so how could these be the exact same shoes without some corners being cut. Or perhaps it's old M+O inventory being dumped through AE. I do have a pair of AE Woodmans boots and the leather is pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by as_ Seems like store policies really vary by the manager's discretion... This is the answer I believe. Last purchase I made was a mix of sales and reg price items. The mgr was the cashier that checked me out. I showed a student ID and later on I noticed the discount was applied to everything. Another time I was able to apply the student discount on top of a 30% off all outwear promo. The logic being the items...
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk The fabric and fit of their new tweeds look great, but am I the only one who thinks the lapels are going to look dated on otherwise classic jackets in a couple years? Yeah I noticed that too. I don't recall them being that thin in person last F/W. Maybe it's thinner this season but then again, the pics don't jive with some of the other imgs on their website. Even in these two photos below, the lapels...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas lots of contenders. apple is up there, gen. mcchrystal too. Apple will be fine. Basically a bunch of people jumping on the bandwagon to claim "outrage" at the supposedly shoddy iPhone4 in expectation of some freebie in return. Oh no, a cell phone that drops calls! Like everyone hasn't owned at least one or two of those before. When the whole reception scandal erupted, the product was barely a wk or two...
Nothing's jumping out at me yet the way the red chambray and several of the madras shirts did in the Spring and Summer. Maybe I'm feeling over-ginghamed and plaided out. Most the of the sweaters and non-collab jackets are repeats. The solid tweed jacket is back and this time in a darker charcoal as well. Sweet... Bought the Whitman herringbone last fall because I couldn't find the solid tweed in my size. Returned it as the material isn't as nice as the solid. I'll...
PQVQYHKM2PVQ another BR code
I have a 40% off promo code for BR if anyone wants it. They have Clark DBs in beeswax, brown suede, taupe, and black. No basic sand color though. Comes out to about $69 including tax and shipping for the shoes.
Quote: But existing LE customers will indeed grow old, die, and no one will truly replace what they represent. The supposed replacements are the next younger generation. However younger generations have different attitudes about life, fashion, and consumption due to different experiences growing up. Why is it that LE customers would simply die off without anyone to replace them? Would you say the same of RL or any other brand? For one, companies...
For the most common office shoe I've seen unfortunately is a black bicycle-toe loafer.