or Connect

Posts by bucksfan

That sucks.  I have 1 pair that gets welts, my AE Bradley NSTs.  I just try not to wear them when I think it's going to rain.     I need to check into this more - thanks.     I do not agree (no surprise there, probably since I now own 4 pair of them in shell).  Of course, I don't mind blobby, in fact I prefer it to long, squared or "soft squared" toes.     For those interested, here is the "supplemental 2012" AE catalog I was referencing.                
  not sure it's a "problem" but my wife probably thinks it is.     Interestingly, the supplemental catalog does not have the 5th streets in shell in it at all, but does have the Dundees in 3 different shell colors, and the Daltons in burgundy only.  The Dunddes are actually pictured in the brown shell.     Your best bet would be an outlet, but I imagine a common size like that will be long gone. Maybe Ebay?     I take the same size in both.  The 7 last is a little more...
That's according to page 10 of the 2012 supplemental catalog put out by Allen Edmonds a few weeks ago. Also, the manager I was dealing with said they were in their internal system, but she couldn't place the order yet. According to the catalog and AE's internal computer sustem, they will be available on the "dark brown cordovan" I.e. the shell AE uses for the shell strands and Crockett & Jones uses for their Ralph Lauren "marlow" series of shell shoes. I'll use the same...
Time for a fun little story:   Just returned from my business trip, which took me past my most local AE outlet store.  There is a new manager there, who is sure nice, but a little green.  As I walked in, a gentleman was trying to decide whether to get black calf Macneils, burgundy shell Leeds or BROWN shell Leeds.     He was really struggling, so I offered my assistance.  I started by showing him the 1.5 yr old burgundy shell Macneils on my feet and said he was...
A very specific PSA here, but if you live near or shop at a Tanger Outlet Mall, they are doing a breast cancer pink ribbon deal right now.  Not all stores are participating, but J. Crew, Ralph Lauren and Allen Edmonds are for sure.     You buy a card for a donation of at least $1 and that entitles you to a 25% discount on any 1 item.  I used it on a pair of shell cordovan Allen Edmonds from their outlet store. 
Yes, those prices are for seconds. I'm stopping by my outlet and will ask if the 15% discount is on everything, I should have an answer tomorrow pm.
PM'd
Cold Iron, they look phenomenal - thanks for the great pics and description! With 4 more pair of Dundees coming, you'll be getting a workout. On a related note, I heard from AE that there is a real shortage of shell cordovan, so this boot makeup going on right now might be be the last shell webgem for a while. I think I will be ordering shortly. Also, the rediscover America sale is coming up 9/24 if anyone is waiting on the next sale.
They are really great boots. Broke mine out today for the first time since May, was reminded how great they are.Nice boots and pics, herrmj
  Thank you for the detailed response regarding fit and finish.  I hope your new Dundees made it through the day unscathed and I'm looking forward to the pictures....    and