or Connect

Posts by Kamala

Quote: Originally Posted by Violinist Please tell me that you're either legally retarded or you're just fucking with us. No, are you legally retarded? Oh, I forgot you must be afflicted with racial amnesia like most white folks. You just don't get it. Also, why is it that of the Black celebrities that have been mentioned there seems to be an assumption that they have teams of stylists? You know Black people can do more than play sports and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Violinist Kamala, get over yourself. You'd love for there to be racism when there really isn't so that you can reveal to everyone that you're black and make us all feel ashamed of ourselves. For every famous black male I can point out for looking like a cartoon character, I can name at least 5 white males so this has nothing to do with race. Again, I concede that Pharell knows how to put together outfits and is definately...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre That is plain ludicrous. EVERYONE is fair game. You seem to have confused styleforum with fashionforum. There is a difference between loading yourself with jewellery & logos and dressing tastefully. Almost ALL the photographs you posted are the former. The whole raison d'etre of THIS forum is style not following fashion. While fashion-forward elements may get incorporated in to what people like and wear, this is NOT...
Quote: Originally Posted by norcaltransplant Ding Ding Ding! You made a stunning observation. The main forum focuses on traditional styles of dress, so it should be no surprise that a beautiful, gray worsted three piece with a powder blue shirt is going to receive more praise than an LV advertisement featuring Pharrell decked out in gold and fur. Lumping Pharrell, Kanye, and OB into the same group is a poor generalization--Kanye is an ass without...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre Give me a fucking break, man. Complete utter bollocks. You wear tasteless crap, you will be chewed up on this board. Does not matter what colour you are. And I am fine with it. If I wanted to see gauche, well, that is everywhere. And to reiterate: Mory (check the Sartorialist's blog) dresses tastefully and cleverly even if he breaks many "rules". And surprise surprise, he is black! But look at this clown. Gaucheness...
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliStyle 1.) how are they 'debassing' themselves choosing Pharrell as the spokesmodel? he has NEVER been associated with the 'rapper' image , how ignorant of you to even refer to Pharrell as a rapper. not every young black male in the industry is a rapper you fool. Pharrell is a music producer, and he has always been a trend setter and is always on the edge of fashion. he is an immaculate dresser. take a look for...
I liked the show. I think Boateng will definitely be a hit in the U.S. with the younger, hip crowd. Jamie Foxx, Brian McKnight, Will Smith are already wearing his suits. All Boateng needs is a Kanye West endorsement and he's good to go. As far as the clothes, I liked them. I wouldn't wear some of the colored suits. But his more traditional colored suits I would wear, not to work (law office), but out on the town. Also, Boateng himself cuts quite a dashing figure, if I...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn I kept hearing how destitute Iron Mike was and that he is even living in the street now....I am glad to see that is no longer the case (or not ever was), he is a real American hero! I'm not being sarcastic, either. Mike Tyson rules. Seems like I have found a kindred spirit.
Tyson has always been quite the dapper fellow. I've always followed his clothing and he's always on point whether he's wearing suits or not.
I checked out the Eredi Pisano website and their suits are good looking. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with their suits, if so, could you give the 411? Thanks. Any help will be appreciated.