or Connect

Posts by Deipnosophist

This is my most tasteless tie bar: If one ignores the engraved and ostentatious Dolce & Gabbana, it's actually a VERY nice tie bar. The sterling silver is extremely thick and nice to handle, and when it's been rubbed clean with a cloth, it looks fantastic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurston You mean PG. No, he's right. PG has the blue/brown one, PinkPantser has the blue/yellow one.
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut whered that tie come from? its gorgeous. Topman, so - once again - nothing too flashy, but it does the job Quote: Originally Posted by ld111134 Is the blade of the tie flat or pointed? Flat, my favourite way. Quote: Originally Posted by Axelman 17 I may be in the minority but I like the first option, the pink shirt, the most. I find the third option a...
Thanks for all the positive comments! The shirt is from Marks and Spencers, so it's nothing particularly flashy, but it's always been one of my favourite patterns.
Okay well I decided to 'model' the tie with three shirts: a solid pale pink, a solid medium-light blue, and a pink shirt with blue stripes and white border. The results are below, apologies for the odd-looking knot in the pink shirt shot. Aside from the blue which, at least in my opinion, really doesn't work, what do you think?
Hi, I recently bought this quite nice turquoise slim knitted tie, and was wondering what the esteemed SF members would wear it with? Aside from the rather boring but crisp looking white shirt, what other shirts would compliment the rather bold colour of the tie? Many thanks, Dep.
What do people think of this out of interest? http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/tailoring...productId=7929 I know it's Paul Smith, which some people might not like, and it's overpriced, but - aesthetically at least - it seems very nice. There's something about the high button stance and short lapels that appeal to me, oddly enough.
It now looks like I've bumped this topic from 2002 for no reason whatsoever. I should say that a spam-bot-ad-thingy came on and bumped this topic, and I responded without realising how old the topic was. The spammer's post has been deleted, so now I'm seemingly the one who bumped it
Quote: Originally Posted by JordanB Oh, and don't wear a tie. It looks awful without a jacket. You will look like a 12 year old attending his friend's Bar Mitzvah (or a low level Dilbert employee). I beg to differ.
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find Ralph Lauren Black Label suits in London? Their flagship store, I believe, is on New Bond Street, does anybody know if they stock Black Label formal attire, particularly in the smaller sizes (36, 38)? If not, where else in London might I find it? Many thanks.