or Connect

Posts by chocolatelvis

Thanks at Proteinnerd. :) I ain't going to sweat it at that price point, and can (and will) grab more expensive skin / quality in the upcoming year as I'm going to need much thicker leather in the summer for riding anyways. Still have my eye on a few Flathead leathers.Your point about the pockets maybe being a bit high is also valid. I caught that a few days after I received it. :/ As for any updates, unfortunately, nothing as of yet, but still hopeful I'll have some info...
Hey guys,   As promised, here's a few fit pics of my cheapo made to fit jacket, threw in the wash jacket. Not the best with pics and please forgive the lint on the bathroom mirror. What do you guys think of the fit? Also, still waiting for some advice on what to product(s) I should treat it with that will not give a shine/ sheen or if I should even treat it all.   Lates.            
Hey guys. For all those who have blowing my inbox up asking how to get hold of the tailor, please re-read my post #14954 which I've cut and pasted again here:   "As for the seller / tailor, unfortunately he oddly does not have any items on Ebay for sale as of last week when I got the jacket?? Went on the site last night and nothing compared to last week. Even the website is no longer up and running, so my guess is that he has probably got heat for infringement or...
Thanks Ridethecliche :) I responded in post post #14954. I swear I'll try to get a fit pic by this week. Just sick as f*** right now.
It's actually somewhat of a copy of the Belstaff Stannard jacket but without the zips and rear buckle from the real deal. Also without the 4K price tag for us this side of the border, but hoping in a few years, I can get the original used within my budget. I'll try to get a few fit pics up this week also.:)   It would only be fair to also list the real deal here:...
Sorry, the total was $220CAD incl of taxes and shipping and I did get dinged with a $20 duty charge from UPS even though he did value the article lower than it was for me. Yeah, I'm still pretty stoked.
I can send you the seller and website link in PM. The reason why I blocked out the tag and being somewhat ambiguous, is because in the case others purchase due to my positive experience and then they get burned for either reason of their own (inaccurate measurements) or fault of the company (not as advertised, shitty craftsmanship, etc), I don't want everyone blowing up on me.   As for the washing guidelines, I found most of the processes specifically...
Figured since TOJ is basically MIA from what I've last gathered, I'd take a chance on any other tailor than him. All I was looking for was a jacket that was form fitted, and could get beat up some, absorb some beer stains, and what not while wearing up over a denim jacket for the summer/ spring months. Sure the stitching and leather isn't anything like a RO, Vanson, etc, but for $200CAD, tailored and incl shipping, I ain't complaining. Our dollar bites at the moment. The...
Unlike most on here (and even surprising to me), I actually was referred to company that makes custom leathers to fit for around $200CAD. I figured if it came back looking like ass, it wouldn't be a great loss and lesson learned. I do have a few leathers that are around 2K and up range, but decided to give this guy a chance. Sent him my measurements and received the jacket a few weeks later. I should have taken pre-wash pictures, but here is the jacket post wash from the...
PM'd.