or Connect

Posts by Benfica

I put it away after taking that photo because every time I saw it in my peripheral vision it felt like I was being watched. It also got plenty of attention from randoms the first time I wore it to the pub and had it propped up on a seat, but probably not for the right reasons...
I have a secret vtg collared moto. Hasn't been oiled and hasn't been worn all that much, partially as a result of moving from Canada back to Australia and missing Autumn and Winter for a year. Not too much colour on it yet, but before Summer I'll hit it with some Obenaufs LP. It's a fair bit more flexible now though and needs to be zipped to stand up by itself.
Bumping this as it seems to have been neglected. Wondering what the story is with the twisting of the sleeves, the excess fabric around the lower back, and the excess fabric/creases around the armholes on the front and back of the shirt. I'm now thinking of redecuing the half-waist measurement by centimetre, the chest by a centimetre and the hips by half a centimetre. I think the arms and shoulders are fine but if anyone thinks otherwise... I think I'm also trying to...
Hi,   I recently ordered a shirt from Modern Tailor and I'm wondering what could be done to improve it. I thought I may as well throw a suit on and get some feedback on that as well. I bought the suit a few years ago in Vietnam, so I know it's far from great quality but it's what I have to work with at the moment. Here are my specifc questions and thoughts, but if you have any other advice regarding the shirt, the suit or my posture that would be greatly...
Hi all,   Thought I'd share my experience ordering an oxford blue trial shirt from Modern Tailor, and ask for feedback on how it fits. I Ordered the shirt on the 28th of December using shirt measurements based on some slim-fit casual shirts and some business shirts ordered a few years back from Jantzen. The shirt shipped on the 30th ($10 shipping) and I received it today - not bad considering the time of year. I'm 174cm, 71kg, with a 94cm chest and 74cm waist (or 5'8...
If the VTGs are discontinued will you give everyone a week or something to get in last orders? I'm definitely going to get one but I'd like to see how my peacoat fits before I order.    
If they are discontinued will you give people a week or something for final orders? I definitely want to get one of these but I'd like to see how my peacoat fits before I order one.  
I'm also about to take the plunge and order my first TOJ - can't decide between navy or brown though (still). Will be wearing it almost exclusively with jeans. Thoughts?
This. I'm considering making a peacot my first ToJ purchase and can't decide wether to go for navy, black or brown. I think Drew said brown was his favourite, and I'm leaning in that direction because I'll be wearing it almost exclusively with (dark) jeans. Any reason I should reconsider navy or black?   (reposted because this was my first post, took a while to appear, and is now several pages back)
This. I'm considering making a peacot my first ToJ purchase and can't decide wether to go for navy, black or brown. I think Drew said brown was his favourite, and I'm leaning in that direction because I'll be wearing it almost exclusively with (dark) jeans. Any reason I should reconsider navy or black?