or Connect

Posts by RDiaz

Oh. I thought of them as sportcoat / casual suit ties. Guess they work with a city suit in the right context, though something still looks off to me... perhaps they don't work with all city suits, or maybe it also depends on the tie itself? Some of mine have quite big neats which I wouldn't wear with a worsted, solid, flap pocket suit...
I think it works with such a suit because it's not one of those fluffy wool ties... Manton, would you use wool challis with a city suit? I'm always tempted, but my eyes tell me it looks off, so I kinda trust my own aesthetic judgement...
 I personally like the colour palette, but would replace the tie with something more "suit-ish" than wool. Not a big deal though, and overall I think the fit works well.
 Thank you very much, Despos. I think I could actually make the second adjustment myself, but first I'll see how much my tailor will ask for...
Quick question to the tailors: I have a jacket where the skirt flares a bit, probably due to shoulders too sloped: At first I liked it, but now I think it would look better if it wasn't that flared - when the jacket is open it flares like crazy. I don't have money for expensive alterations anymore, so is it possible to close the skirt a bit by darting? Thank you.
 I'm actually wearing a similar fit, but my trousers are charcoal. Only the white square is missing. Might just stuff in some toilet paper, foo-puff it and take a selfie.
I'm gonna try and say that if you swapped the tie in both ensembles, top and bottom would look more balanced in terms of brightness. #1 doesn't look like there's enough jacket-trouser contrast though.
Grrr. Now you're making me feel bad about the last mtm item I could afford (and probably will for years to come), lol. Well it's such a heavy flannel that it will make a great bonfire for the upcoming winter
I voted worst. Bar has raised a bit since the last time I was around here, and I dress worse than I did as well
well i usually wear lighter shoes with ensembles like that and that tie is much darker IRL, so I guess it'd be passable... thanks.