or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

I work my upper every time I train, 4 times a week and I do the same prehab and warmup at the start every session. Takes like 15 min total. Some weeks I throw in some GPP work like light cardio, barbell complexes or whatever I feel like doing and then I also do the prehab at the start. Static stretching with bands for quads, hip flexors, adductors, pecs and delts at the end of every session, if I have time. I basically got the prehab/warmup routine from Matt Ogus video....
Don't know about the technical and medical terms like impingement and such, but I always do some face pulls, band pull aparts, shoulder ext and int rotations, overhead shrugs, scapular retractions, pulldowns, etc with bands as part of prehab at the start of the session. It only takes like 5 minutes and my shoulders have never bothered me as a result.
Found a really good powerlifting blog. Dude has fantastic content with in depth series on various topics.   Mark, if you want to get into powerlifting, I recommend you read these.   Series on the competition lifts: http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-technique-how-to-squat/ The most comprehensive online series I've found on all things about the lifts, from the biomechanics, personal recommendations for your body type, useful tips and tricks to mental cues,...
I use a theracane, lacrosse balls (tennis and golf balls works too, depending on pain tolerance), a rolling pin for quads and calves and a "foam" roller (mine's made out of PVC) for rolling around on, mostly legs, lats and back.
  Is that a joke?
 Looking bulky (what you think isn't good for fashion) = muscles + higher bodyfat%Muscular physique that most people still think look good = muscle + low bodyfat% If you just want to look like you lift weights and still fit into clothes, it could be a point to not build your legs too much. I hate to say this but it would make more sense to focus on the chest, arms, shoulders and upper back. Kgfan does not have huge wheels but he do have a built upper.If you want to pursue...
You can feel that the glutes, hamstrings and hips get more active when yo go below parallel, but I'm not sure whether the quads get more, less or the same stimulus. Either way, if you don't address your squat depth now you'll have to do it later. High squats put more tension on the knee joint than squats to depth too. Better to fix your form as soon as you an, imo.  Sounds about right. When I can't cook for myself and have no direct control of the macros, I tend to go for...
Alright, well personally I would try to squat at a better depth even if that forced me to lower the weights. I don't think using lower weight with bigger ROM will lead to muscle loss from less weight on the bar if that's what you're trying to say. Going deeper will cause more stress on the muscles with the same weight, so lowering the weight and using bigger ROM might tax the muscles exactly the same as before or even more. The muscle don't know how much weight is on the...
Maybe I am in the wrong here, but seeing strength losses going from 20-ish% bf to 16-18% seems kinda... unusual? Not to be harsh, but you're not close to where most people end their cuts if 16% is accurate, and many people can maintain their strength to lower bf%. This is just an assumption, but it seems like most peoples problems appear first when they reach the 10-12% range. I know that you will lose some strength from worse leverages going from 20 to 16% but what I'm...
Yes, I've read that too and I think it could be a good but very costly strategy. Anyway, I'm just gonna lift with them off all the time up until the weights gets heavier and the cycle is about to end. If you want to keep warm you could just wear compressions tights and long johns. I do that. Is this directed to me now?I've had knee tracking issues and my coach specifically told me to start squatting without them as they take out some of the stabilizing aspect.