or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

When I travel and know I will not have access/time for a gym, I just bring a set of bands. You can do a lot of stuff with those. Also, you can get along with these bodyweight movements pretty fine and you can do them almost everywhere:- Pushups- Dips (between chairs)- Pullups- Pistol squats and with the bands you can add:- curls- tricep extensions- flyes- good mornings- etc...
 Finish my masters and get a job, alternatively become a PhD student. Squat around 400Bench 275Deadlift 440 Total around 1100
 The knees tend to naturally go further over the foot with high bar. It shouldn't be a worry, although some think it can be damaging if you're not used to the knees tracking far forward. I do high bar but stand pretty wide (just outside shoulder width) and still sit back a decent amount. The High-bar vs low-bar debate and their corresponding knee movements, back angle, hip involvement, etc, is not at all as black and white as some "experts" would like you to think. Just...
No worries. Hypertrophy can be very good with lower weight, I meant that it has to be substited with higher volume or higher frequency to reach the optimal balance, but since you will lift 5 days a week and do 5 supersets or something like that, it should not be a problem. I can't squat or deadlift heavy atm (only around 50-60%) but my legs have grown fine. I would put in one more squat (like on the 4th session - thursday) if you're gonna lift 5 days a week. Otherwise...
 Lol for quoting me just to get my opinion. 10-12 sets after warmups is quite a lot. That means you do something like 20-25 working sets for bench per week.I honestly think you can get more quality reps if you split that number up over more session, so you'll have 3 sessions with bench per weak, where each session has 6-8 sets (divide the the weekly total 20-25 sets into 3 sessions). One very important aspect of getting strong is to become efficient at the movement. That...
 So I guess this is 4 days per week? Looks decent.I think it is good that you do the third day on thursday so you have one day of rest before the heavy and last workout of the week. If you will have one day of rest between the third and fourth day, I think ot would be fine to add some hex bar squats to Thursday. I would superset them with the step ups in that case to really target the legs. That would have you squat twice a week, bench twice, do shoulder presses twice,...
 Yeah, sure I understand that you can't load your spine. But I think that with some lunges, split squats and the hex bar deadlifts, you should be able to get decent legs. Why not do something easy like an upper lower 3x a week if you have the time? Quck example: Upper: Heavy Bench, Medium heavy Rows, light DB shoulder press, lots of triceps, few sets of bicepsLower: Hex bar deads w/ light weight (few sets of many reps), DB lunges forward, split squats lighterUpper: Heavier...
 You know that you are working your upper 4 times as many times as your legs, right?Maybe that is why you don't have swole legs? You don't need to think about overlapping if you just adjust the volume and weights. I hit all major muscles 5 days in a row every week.
 I don't think there is. Balance frequency, volume and intensity right and you can lift every day with good results. I assume that you mean higher frequency and volume, since you it would not make sense to decrease the frequency or volume or to make a sudden increase in intensity. Example on how to make the switch:If you are gonna hit a muscle more times per week, start by dividing up the volume for the whole week, so 2 sessions of 15 sets each is 30 sets per week. You...
 3 plate bench is pretty massive. Legitimately strong at that point.Best case scenario I'll be there in something like 2 years, ha.