or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

I haven't been able to squat and deadlift properly in 4 weeks and prob won't for another 2-3 weeks. And I have the biggest PL meet of the year coming up in 8 weeks, which I've trained for since May. Fun times.
Real muscle loss starts about two weeks after you've stopped training. Two days if you are bedridden.I think that would be the worst idea if the goal is to spare muscle mass. I would rather eat to gain a bit of weight since roughly 30% of the weight gain in non-strength training individuals is muscle, given that they are not fat to begin with. For people who lift, that percentage is obviously higher.Note that the bigger the caloric surplus, and the fatter you already are,...
 I do them like Fuji; after squats (and sometimes deadlifts too) and very light.I usually use 25-30 pound dumbbells with no rest between the sets. Just bang them out quick with perfect technique.  But I can see it from your perspective RTC. I mean if you can't do squats and deadlifts, it could be wise to treat the lunges/ split squats as a heavier movement. For me its pretty much just a pump accessory lift.
 I will recommend Sheiko once again. My programming rests on the same principles and it has helped my technique a lot. Its def more catered towards powerlifting than 5/3/1, that's for sure. P/P/L for 3x a week training is not optimal, since it would only mean 1x a week frequency for the lifts and muscles. Twice or more is known to be more effective both for muscle growth and strength gains.
Just FYI, the human body can not digest and make use of the protein in raw eggs. So much for that whole Rocky/ old bodybuilding culture thing of drinking raw eggs...
Forgot to add the flavour powder to my unflavoured eaa's yesterday. Absolutely disgusting. Couldn't even finish the whole shake.
If you are primarily lifting for hypertrophy, I would honestly ditch the chains and bands except for the occasional overloading work at the end of a training cycle. So you take them out at the end of say a 6-8 week cycle when you taper down the volume and up the intensity to do some supramaximal work. I honestly don't see their value for hypertrophy besides that they're getting you PRs, and you might very well get more hypertrophy per pound your PR increases with other...
 Alright, then I assume you do those paused front squats on the "strength day".And, yeah I think 5 seconds is a bit excessive. 2-3 second pauses seems to be the norm in powerlifting programs, so I think that's long enough. Anyway, why do you use chains and bands so regularly? The weakest position for raw lifters are in the bottom position. Chains and bands overload only the top movement, and are thus more frequently used by lifters who use the suit and wraps. So if you are...
 Its impossible to say if you're training effect would be better if you would have done it differently. Only way to know would be to go back in time, do it over again and then compare the results. Also, what is your goal? To build mass or to get strong as in bigger 1RM? Because I would change my programming between the two. Either way, only training legs once a week (which I guess you do since you wrote "leg day") is proven to give worse results than 2-3 times a week for...
That must be pretty boring tbh.What fed?The best thing for the US scene imo, would be of there was USAPL, then one other fed that didn't do drug testing, and lastly one more for multiply. I'm not a big fan of non drug tested, and I don't follow multi ply at all but those guys need somewhere to go anyway.We only have IPF here and the competition was tough at the local meet I did in May. Some guys did around 1300 lbs raw w/o wraps in the 231 class, IIRC