or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

Alright, for some reason I assumed the arm was involved when you said you wore a sling. I remember that the collarbone was injured.   If no limbs or big joints that are heavily used in lifting, like the shoulder or hip, were damaged badly, I think you will be able to make good recovery. From what I've heard and read from other lifters getting off for a while, muscle mass will comeback faster than strength. So that's good news if your main goal is to get swole and...
 The body's ability to recover itself from damage and injuries (and training) is much worse and slower in a calorie deficit. The immune system is worse as well.I'd say stay on a small surplus or maintenance until you are fully recovered, then go back to training with a slow start. Less volume and much lighter weights for sure. Hate to say this, but your arm strength (was it the arm?) will most likely be pretty bad when you take off the sling, depending on where you broke...
My username sounds way too try-hard. It's also a misunderstanding.   Mixed it up with the philosophical theory "conceptualism", which I thought was cool (both the word and the theory) when I was 16 or something and needed a username for another forum. Conceptionists, on the other hand, turned out to be a religious order of nuns, ha.
 This pretty much sounds like what I've got atm. Can you describe the knee pain more in detail? How exactly did it feel?Like a distant ache-y kinda pain somewhere on the side of the knee, or a sharp and direct localized-to-a-very-narrow-area kind of pain? Did it hurt more when you bent the knee or squatted down to around parallel depth? Currently on NSAIDs and haven't been able to squat for almost a week. Just want it to go away so I can continue to train for the meet in Nov.
Solid video.  
 No, and don't start.Having to psych yourself up and take shoddy stimulants to lift will most likely only give you worse recovery.
 This might sound silly, but try Leg Extensions for TUT and high volume.I do them for 4-5 sets of 10 with a 1 second hold at the top (squeeze!) and 4 secs down. Use a light weight and really focus on control and contact. Really burns and gives a huge pump in the VMO.
Yeah, do that instead or try to find another program that has you lifting more dys per week. After reading around, I don't think splitting sessions are good. Everything about Sheiko seems to be just that way for a reason. There are some CMS-routines that are 4-5 days a week. Anyway, I'd start with the routine on the forum for the class you qualify for. I know some guys people who add accessory lifts on top of what is included in the Sheiko-rutines, so you could def do...
Nice find on that article.Yeah, personally I don't like to go below 50g fat for food choices and expenses.About optimal bulking macros, while your reasoning is all well and good, I'm not sure it holds up practically.In a surplus, max protein synthesis tops out at a protein intake of 0.75xLBM or so, so 250g+ a day is rather unnecessary unless you weight 300 pounds. Now, there's other reasons to go high protein, such as being able to eat balanced meals while on a big surplus...
I prefer to eat carbs rather than fat.    If you train 3x weekly by low volume like SS or Stronglifts 5x5 or even a split where some of your session are only arms or shoulders, then sure, you don't need many carbs. But if you do something like Sheiko where its mostly squatting, deadlifting and benching for 2+ hours 3-5 times a week, and do cardio on off days, then I think higher carbs are needed.