or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

I know some people ITT have contacted me regarding Norwegian High Frequency Powerlifting training, and specifically how such a routine may be structured, since I train in a similar manner myself atm. I'm from Sweden and the exact Norwegian routines are disclosed as national secrets, so I haven't had full access to their newer high frequency protocols, only their lower frequency (3x a week) routines that are available to everyone ton their website (which I've tried and they...
I used to do them a while back.Absolutely dreaded them in every way. Nowadays I do backward lunges standing on a box (front leg elevated). I use way less weight, like today I used a barbell with 50 pounds, but it works my balance more and uses a larger ROM.
Nice to have you back.   For the bench, I'd do all reps paused if you don't already.  Your plan with 3x3@85% and 5x5@70% sounds good, but consider increasing your current pressing volume through more accessory movements.  Accessory movements that are closer to the main lift will also have a higher grade of carryover. Ex: Bench press with 2sec pause on pins at chest level will have a higher carryover to your regular bench press than incline dumbbell bench press. So,...
@MarkI Wow man, that really sucks. Non self-induced injuries scare me the most. I hope you recover fast and well and that you won't be in pain for much longer.
Excellent bench press tutorial by a current IPF world record holder:  
I aim to never miss any lifts in training, but I also have a coach who manages all my sets, reps and weights for me so that it doesn't happen. That said, I don't think its good to miss any lift in training if you're training for a strength sport, because then you were testing your strength and not building it.   Why were you testing your max one month out from competition? Sounds pretty stupid, tbh. The heaviest I go is to do my openers one week out. Also, how are you...
- Nintendo 3DS with the latest pokemon game- Rice cooker and Slow cooker- SBD knee sleeves for insta-squat gains- Reverse Hyperextension / GHR machine
 Could be wrong here, but it sounds like your ankles are stiff, which would make you unable to roll the foot to the inside.My ankles and achilles used to be very stiff but has improved by doing mobility work and stretches for it, along with squatting and deadlifting more frequently.I'm no expert, but this is what has worked for me.  Try this:- sit down in a deep squat in your socks. - does your feet want to rotate so your toes point out?- can you get your knees a lot...
Back when I was super stiff from years of just sitting down and playing video games, I did that stretch 3 times daily for 2-5 minutes at a time. You will def fill a real change in how your hips feel afterwards.    I'd start with the easier version though where you lean forward and rest on your hand. The ones above in the pics often make non-flexible people take out the movement with their back (very bad), as their thighs and hips are too stiff to even get into the...
 Sounds like how I am trying to squat now. I used to squat with the bar lower and narrower stance but it put a lot of stress on my lower back and made my good morning the lockout. I've put the bar higher up and stand a bit wider since it gives my proportions better angles. Feels less harsh on my hips and shoulders too. Had to take weight off the bar initially but its coming back now. Do you sit down a lot at work and on your free time? I need to stretch my hip flexors...