or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

Your latest fits were solid benes, but the proportions look off here. I can imagine that coat is quite hard to style though. Maybe close the jacket, wear a simple crewneck knit with straight falling pants and not sneakers.
Yup.Thats probably the correct word.
Just got myofascial release massage on my calves. Felt like someone stuck a pole right through the leg.   The guy said it was like massaging a rock and that the muscles were basically shut off due to all kinds off lumps.
@Francks   The Ann lug sole derbies in the second fit are grail status. Have seen those or similar ones before. Do you remember which season or where you got them?
 I think what's causing the DOMS is the increase in volume and load you get when coming back from a deload. So, changing something during the deload period will likely not help. Rather, I would put my efforts to right when you come back to normal training.  IME, stretching does not help that much with DOMS, and I used to stretch a lot. Soft tissue work like foam rolling and working out trigger points have some effect. Most effective is however to get blood flowing to the...
 Video would obv help, but its likely a combination of weak quads and glutes and improperly learned technique. Lower the weights on both lifts until the technique is solid, that is, no change in torso angle in the squat when coming up from the hole, and chest and hips rising at equal speed in the deadlift. Progress slowly from that new weight.  You might want to add some accessory work to correct for the muscles that are thought to be weak. Lunges (preferably backwards),...
Training for strength gains (in no particular order):1) Correct technique in the lift2) Sufficient volume over the threshold intensity3) Decent frequency of lifts (3-4x a week is a good start)4) Solid set x rep structure (many sets of low (2-5) reps is effective)5) Smart progression model (eg not trying to milk linear periodization forever)6) Some periodization (eg. dedicated building and taper blocks)7) Specific lifts for correcting muscular and technique imbalances...
About the powerlifting gym, prepare to share the powerracks and barbells. People may use one for over 2 hours. Don't camp on equipment without sharing. Also, don't walk close to or in front of anyone who is lifting heavy. Prob safest to not walk into their line of vision during a set. Load barbells correctly. That is, no 20+20 plates when you can use a 40 plate. Heaviest plates first, lighter plates towards the end of the bar. Clean after yourself and put back everything...
Thanks for the info, Bacon. I've never used a reverse hyper both before and after lifting but I feel just using it before the lifts has had a positive effect on me so it might work. Thing is though, I've had these back and knee problems for a while, so I don't think they're gonna go away fast. The patella tendonitis appeared summer 2014 and have troubled me to various degrees since. The low back issues came in three unexpected instances while lifting and after the last...
Thanks for the info.I will swap the hyperextension for reversed hyper to see if it helps.Do you have any idea of what problems those guys that doesn't benefit from it have with their backs? I mean, there's a difference between a sore low back and actual disc damage.Also, while the reverse hyper does have a rehabbing effect, wouldn't heavy lifts still cause damage to the spine since its now permanently weakened? I'm referring to what Skeen wrote.