or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

Lifting seminar with Sheiko and Koklyaev     Regarding technique, they favor leading with the hips, maintaining vertical shins, and not looking down in the squat, wide grip and arching during bench, and for deadlifts they favor conventional for proportionally long limbed people and sumo for the opposite builds.    Highlights are Koklyaev saying not to hold the back "like a cucumber" during squats and slapping a girls ass (31:00).
 These look pretty good.How big are you? Or do you have measurements for the XL?
 Well, my post came off a bit like a rant now that I look at it. You can get stronger and bigger on a reduced frequency, I just believe that the progress will come slower. It is possible that you manage to get in more total volume over a week for a lift/muscle with the lower frequency, and if so you should theoretically still progress. The problem is if you by reducing the frequency also get lower volume (which is often the case), because then you practice and stimulate...
Most likely your strength in the bench and squat will maintain or go back, yes. Short term you might peak your strength, as the reduced fatigue from training heavy less often will allow you to be more recovered each session and thus able to increase the weight (in the short term).Long term though, you absolutely must increase the volume (meaning total weight lifted over a time period) to get bigger and stronger. Being fresh every workout has no special benefit aside from...
 300 grams of protein is very unnecessary though. 2 gram per kilo of bodyweight is what has been found to maximize gains. Might go a bit higher in a caloric deficit but I haven't seen any evidence of benefits over 2.5 per kilo of bodyweight.
 Regular day for me isBreakfast: oats, milk, 2 eggs, protein powderLunch: Some lean or semi lean (sub 10% fat)  meat, rice, veggies. fruit.Training: Whey and carbs.Dinner: Lean meat and carbs, say lean ground beef and pasta.Pre bed: Oats, milk, protein powder/quark. Comes out to around 3500-4000 cals, 200g protein, 60-90g fat, 500-550g carbs. Eat less eggs in the morning, don't cook in oils (use the oven) and choose leaner meat.   Sheiko, the Norwegian programs, and RTS...
 Sure, I'm just thinking you could train the powerlifts (if you like to train them) with a strength template, since thats how those lifts are most effectively trained imo, and then add whatever else exercises you like and maybe do them in a BB manner.  I don't really like the "add weight to the bar every session or when you can" approach for the squat, bench, dead and other smilar compound lifts, for anyone except beginners.  Edit: Just realized none of you (rtc, gn,...
Easy to keep track of and to make programs with but linear progression like that simply will not be as effective as undulating periodization once the newbie gains are over. I don't understand why people keep making their own programs any longer when you can easily find ones made by real coaches working with competitive lifters.
@0JSIMPS0N   You can't seriously mean that the dark skinned model in shades even has close to the body of a NFL player.    Unless you are talking about endurance sports or those that require very little power output, it is not an athletic body. Compare his width and mass to a sprinter, male ring gymnast, fighter or olympic weightlifter, which I would say (and I think most people would agree) rank among the highest on athleticism going by their looks.   I don't care...