or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

Quad sweep make all pants look bad.  
Recently turned 24.I think the low back problem was a result of slow but steady damage. The high volume and high frequency approach I've been doing since beginning of 2014 might have been too much for someone like me with no real sports background or long history of proper lifting. My prior lifting was with quite bad technique. Maybe I haven't built up the right structures from an early enough age to handle it. Also very flexible in the back and have had some troubles...
@barrelntrigger   Sounds great.  That's good progress on the deadlifts as well.   I somehow fucked up my right hip today. Totally unprovoked. Just walked across the gym and got a sudden intense pain right around the piriformis. Constant aching that got really bad when I leaned forward. Limped around for a while and then quit the session.   Start to wonder why I've had troubles with knees, forearms, low back and now hip the last year. My technique is on point in every...
 40 lbs gain for bench is great, especially at the weights you're lifting.But yeah, as CTK asked it would be interesting to know about the rest.
Will be staying in Gärdet. I'm aware that commercial gyms "work", I just think its a worse training environment.We know that healthy carbs (basically avoiding sugar) and getting enough fiber is good, so what you're describing as working for you does not sound like anything new.You can't say that you didn't know that whole foods and fiber is good for you. That's basically what is known as eating healthy. That you enjoy less carb is not surprising either, as many people find...
Yeah, I know how they are. Problem is the ratio between barbells and people (can be difficult to hog a barbell for two hours, and pretty no one wants to share), and then the no chalk policies, etc. Simply don't like the benches. Train like you compete and so on. And then we have the blaring trance... Will still give it a try I guess if the commuting gets too burdensome but I have my thought about it, haha
Will move to Stockholm.
 Crossfit gyms don't have competition power racks for bench pressing and the one's in the city I'm going to are not open for free lifting every night. Looking at the alternatives again, I'm only wasting 15-20 min more in transit going to the PL gym so I might as well just do that and be happy with the training environment. Edit: looked up the prices for a membership at these fancy Crossfit clubs. 150 USD a month. lol.
 There is a decent commercial gym with barbells, racks, etc 20 min walk from the office, which I might consider instead. I just hate deadlifting with one of those bars with clean slippy knurling that has no chalk in it and to bench with those narrow gym benches. Lifting at a PL club has spoiled me by only training with eleiko bars and competition power racks. It makes a lot of difference for the performance though.  Most likely gonna decrease to 4 sessions a week instead...
Yup. I'm moving in a month and that's one the most emotional things about leaving town. On another note, got an internship that might lead to a full term position at a marketing data company, so first career move post graduation worked out better than expected. The bad thing about moving there is I'll spend about 2 hours a day in public transit. The PL club is 40 mins away by metro from my place. A normal day I expect to leave home before 8 and be back at 9-10. Just...