or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

I know that you mean, but in my opinion that is a misinformation problem, not a problem related to aligning training with their goals. I think that training in general just has too much information that is either bad, misunderstood, or read by the wrong audience. 
 I agree with that the SS approach has some problems but its (and similar programs) main idea is good for novices. Its easy to follow and focus on the principles with the most impact per time invested, that is compound movements and progression. I do however think its too barebones and the progression is too fast.  I questioned the writer's understanding of what powerlifting training is. In most cases, bodybuilders use powerlifting principles and vice versa so the divide...
 I haven't said that I am big, so I don't know why you bring that up. I said that I've grown. I'm not sure why you bring up my chest development either. I don't train to get a big chest. I train to to get a higher squat, bench, and deadlift. How I look is secondary. It is not a mistake or failure since it is not my goal.
On that powerlifting (and weightlifting) vs Bodybuilding topic:   Klokov going into bodybuilding. https://instagram.com/p/13rkzkjHE9/
 Considering that I've grown most on this style of training (it is still high volume, just lots of sets of 2-5 reps) and from my observation training at both style of gyms, yes.I know that it is easier to reach a higher volume with higher reps, and that volume is the key driver to growth, but you can still reach high volumes with lower reps. You just have to substitute the lower reps with heavier weights, higher frequency and/or more sets to reach the same given total...
 I think of powerlifting as a sport so the article does not really make any sense to me. It does make some sense if I change "powerlifting" to "strength training", but I still think the overall argument is flawed. Honestly I don't think the divide between "hypertrophy training" and "strength training" is as big as many people make it out to be, at least not for natural lifters. You can get big just focusing on your strength, doing low reps and training the powerlifts more...
 Why don't you just do a couple of sets for biceps and triceps at the end of every session? Yup. Looked way better at 175 than now. Some silhouettes don't work at all anymore, and big quads only look good at the beach or in the gym.   The proportions get all messed up when you look like you lift. Too wide and broad shouldered.Cant really layer the same way either. I've personally found that MC is most flattering. Higher waisted trousers and oxford shirts and I barely look...
I agree, but that example was not about protein, it was about red meat.Chicken, fish and other "healthier" (in lack of better word, you know what I mean) is not recommended in as low doses.
 This is what I referred to in a previous discussion on how bulking is unhealthy. Think it was a week or two ago. There are numerous studies showing that fasting and caloric restriction increase lifespan and improve health, but that is not optimal for getting big and strong. Additionally, many of the dietary choices that create a better "anabolic environment" (milk products, high GI carbs, red meat, saturated fats) negatively affect your health. For instance, going...
 Yeah, and so volume contributes more to fatigue (it includes intensity) than intensity alone.