or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

Reasons aside, heres my advice if you want to be strong without much added size. Keep reps low but do many sets, train the movements with pretty high frequency so you practice often, and only do assistance exercises that are specific to the powerlifts. So instead of having leg extensions as an accessory, do olympic squats, as these have a higher carryover to your regular squats. Keep reps fairly low on these assistance lifts as well. Don't do a lot of rowing. It will...
@CTK Good technique. Minor remarks: depth a bit shallow (nothing to care about really) and it looks like collapsed arches (see left foot). Could be wrong on the latter.
Looks pretty good to me. Bar path looks like its shifting forward after the grind. You want straight vertical bar path to maximize effeciency.Still need vid from the front.Don't go that heavy again in a long time. No purpose and nothing to gain for recreational lifters.Do lots of doubles and triples around 70-80 percent to practice technique. Nothing close to failure.
The same advice as before still holds true. Without weight training your weight loss will be far worse and you might end up relatively fatter at the lower weight. Read my last reply again.You don't need to worry about becoming too big. Guys work their asses of for years with the single goal to get big and do everything they can to reach it. You will not get big by accident.
You stick to beginner programs until it doesn't work. Most cases thats 6-12 months. Not working means that you can't follow the programs progression any longer. In most beginner programs that entails increasing the weight every session. In training methodology terms thats called linear progression.At that point you will need to train more and with more vatiety to get better (stronger and bigger). Pick a program. Do not create one yourself unless you really know what you...
I do 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps every two weeks or so. Usually pick seated cable rows instead, since I like them better. I used to do a fair bit of barbell seal rows. Those only target the lats with no stress on the low back since your lying down. Lat pull downs I do every week.
Its not that you can't get the physique with other types of training, but the simple fact is that the physique will be achieved fastest by heavy progressive weight training and then a cut. That goes for all physiques where some amount of muscle mass is involved. The difference is only how much muscle.Its like you don't get a top level sprinters physique fastest by sprinting, but heavy weight training and cutting.Your frame, muscle insertions and proportional size of the...
Losing weight without strength training leads to higher rate of muscle loss vs fat loss than if you were strength training. So the weight you drop might be muscle. That, in turn, means that you might actually be relatively fatter after you've lost weight.Example:135 pounds carrying 20lbs of fat = 15% bodyfatLoses 15 pounds without strength trainingNow 120 pounds carrying 20 lbs fat = 17% bodyfatSkinnier but fatter.The reality is not this extreme, but thats pretty much what...
You will lose muscle mass and strength going that low. Also no purpose in excluding food id you know what you're doing and are not gonna step on a stage.
Google weight cutting for fighters and cutting water weight. Do at your own risk...