or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

I meant high frequency as in training the lifts 3+ times per week and not splitting them into different sessions, e.g. squatting and benching (and pssibly also deadlifting) in the same workout multiple times per week for instance. 
 Ok, didn't think you had tried it. Then you know what works for different goals and under different circumstances at least.
No, you don't have to.I train squat, bench, dead 3-5 days in row most weeks. If you decide to increase the frequency, make sure to decrease the volume per session at first. Over time you can surpass your previous volume.   I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but you haven't thought of doing high frequency instead of high volume per session?
This newly published study is very relevant for the incline-chest-activation discussion.   Quote: This study compared the muscular activation of the pectoralis major, anterior deltoid and triceps brachii during a free-weight barbell bench press performed at 0°, 30°, 45° and –15° bench angles. Fourteen healthy resistance trained males (age 21.4 ± 0.4 years) participated in this study. One set of six repetitions for each bench press conditions at 65% one...
Very slight incline has been shown to be enough for different activation, IIRC. I do something like 15-20 degrees.
Decline Bench (with barbell) is great for learning good PL technique. Don't make the angle too steep though. One plate under under one side of the bench will be enough. Make sure to still arch a bit and don't flare elbows too much. Bar "should" hit somewhere from lower pecs to upper abs depending on technique and how you are built. And yes, there are def less harsh on the shoulder than flat or incline bench due to the less ROM (if you do them right). @Aidan K I'd say...
 Lol. Good trolling.
Sure, that was pretty clumsy of me, I've only taken two entry level stat courses so I don't know a lot about how it is on a higher level.
 I haven't studied much finance and the only math I'm gonna take will be some basic algebra or whatever that is used in statistics, not at all on the level of what you get in applied math. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, the classes I'm applying for cover those, aside from matlab. But that's mostly for finance right? Not really my target area.