or Connect

Posts by conceptionist

How low bodyfat percentage that you can function on largely depends on how active you are, how much muscle mass you have and how good your metabolism is. If you are in your mid 30's, train about an hour 2-4 times a week, no real taxing cardio and have a sedentary lifestyle besides that, you will prob have to stay on 2000-2500 calories to maintain sub 10% year around. Everyone will feel bad on such low caloric intake. On the other hand, there's a guy on another forum I...
@fuji   Btw, I think that being that lean seriously messed up my hormones. Without suing it as an excuse, my guess is that I'd be stronger and bigger atm if I wouldn't have cut that low, also taking into account the missed weeks of calorie surplus.   This decently new study demonstrate the effects severe cutting has on natural lifters: Quote: Bodybuilding is a sport in which competitors are judged on muscular appearance. This case study tracked a drug-free...
I can understand why you'd do it for the practical reasons, but it makes no sense in regards to how your body works.If you're getting enough protein per day (for you that'd prob by 150g), it doesn't matter a lot where it comes from and if not every single meal has a complete protein profile, since the meals will complement each other over the day. If you only count the foods dominant macros, you'd prob be overshooting your needs, esp protein. But if it works for your...
 Yep, absolute shit would be a good way to describe it.Constantly light headed, tired, unsocial, couldn't think straight at school, no desire to do anything other than resting, training or eating, etc. After every training session I had this overwhelming feeling of exhaustion both physically and mentally, like my mind was all foggy. Crazy looking back at it now. Will never go that low again unless some form of competition is involved. I also had vains over the lower abs,...
 There's no way you'd eat all that and only reach 68 grams of protein.A regular sized pizza with cheese and some ham probably has about 40-50 grams. Cereals have roughly 10g of protein per 100g. Fish and chips probably has about 15g per 100g.With no real idea of how much you ate, 5200 calories sounds like an exaggeration (its a ton of food, even in cakes). Also, you know that different scales will give you different numbers? I suddenly weigh 5 pounds more simply by moving...
Yeah, and it also depends on where you store the fat. If you store it mostly in the legs and ass, you're not gonna look drastically different with just the shirt off. I've gained about 20 pounds since Xmas and I look about the same, but that's because I'm so tall that the pounds just even out, a little bit of mass here and there.
I was 180 lean for a long time, but at 6'3 that doesn't count. Sitting around 200 now with what I would guess is 13-ish bf.
Accidently kicked my foot in the door frame and an hour later the pinky toe is dark red and swolen. Might have a crack in it. Good thing I have ice packs at home. Taped one onto the foot and am now laying on my back in the couch, foot up in the air watching The Wire all over again. Not too bad atm, but I really hope it won't affect my training. Had to skip cardio today but I can live with that. My knees are already enough of a problem.
Alright, for some reason I assumed the arm was involved when you said you wore a sling. I remember that the collarbone was injured.   If no limbs or big joints that are heavily used in lifting, like the shoulder or hip, were damaged badly, I think you will be able to make good recovery. From what I've heard and read from other lifters getting off for a while, muscle mass will comeback faster than strength. So that's good news if your main goal is to get swole and...
 The body's ability to recover itself from damage and injuries (and training) is much worse and slower in a calorie deficit. The immune system is worse as well.I'd say stay on a small surplus or maintenance until you are fully recovered, then go back to training with a slow start. Less volume and much lighter weights for sure. Hate to say this, but your arm strength (was it the arm?) will most likely be pretty bad when you take off the sling, depending on where you broke...