or Connect

Posts by Poloboy

You seem to be obsessed with MontBlanc. The ones you have chosen to show in your photograph are low end starter pens. You mention that you like a MontBlanc, because it is easily identified by people, making it easy to start a conversation. Anyone who would start a conversation with a stranger, regarding a basic MontBlanc pen, obviously does not know much about fine pens. If you want to start a real conversation, try buying limited edition Michel Perchin, David...
You do not have a clue what you are talking about. The shoulders are fine, sleeve length looks good,as does The length of the jacket.
Horrible fit. Waste of money. Try again
There are 3 main problems. The jacket is way to short. Sleeves are to short, and you may not have enough material to let out to the correct length. The button stance is to high. It looks very awkward.. Overall this jacket does not look good on you. Look for a correct fitting garment, rather than trying to tailor this garment. You will waste your money, and still not like the end result.
I think you need to have someone explain the difference between stating a Fact vs Opinion.
Be sure that you get a shirt where the closure is held together with a small brass stud. This version will make the tie stand out from the collar much better than the button, or snap version. You will also not have the usual problems with  laundering, (smashed or missing tab button or destroyed metal snap ring) Unfortunately, to get the brass tab type collar, you will have to go bespoke. In the long run, you will be much happier.
Sorry to disagree. I am 6ft 3 inches, 200 lbs, athletic, and I think plain front trousers look ridiculous, when compared to a well fitting pleated trouser. A flat front trouser does not drape nearly as well. I believe you also meant to say that pleated trousers should be worn at the "natural waist", not high on the waist.
Why do so many members always make excuses to dress down? You should strive to be the best dressed man in your office, and let the chips fall where they may. A gentleman who is dressed in classic sophisticated clothing has nothing to apologize for.
Unfortunately your problem is that you have an overpriced, poorly constructed "fashion suit". Next time, buy a quality fully canvassed suit , and you will not have this issue. Preferably bespoke. You get what you pay for. There are no shortcuts to quality.  
There seems to be a dislike of pleated trousers on style forum. Is this because members can not find trousers that fit correctly? Most RTW pleated trousers in the U S have reverse pleats. Personally I think this model is horrible. Trousers look much better with 2 forward facing pleats. The main pleat should be 11/2 inches deep. This allows the pleat not to open, and the trouser will drape beautifully. Unfortunately Polo Purple Label, and Ben Silver do not...