or Connect

Posts by mike1445

agreed but this guy was not qualified. basement just has cheap, poorly assembled walls and power setup. Basement is big and finishing it would be a nice thing to do down the road, but foundation and structure are in great shape, desirable neighborhood at a great price, walk to parks, close to "downtown", 4br plus finished attic, 2 bath with plumbing ready for another half we'll put in right away. 
slight exaggeration, but he "finished" the basement and it's just a DIY shit-show down there. that's getting gutted.
the garage and half of our new house is powered by extension cords. I could have wrung the sellers neck when we were doing the inspection. Glad we know an electrician, he's going to have some work to do.  
  Thanks much, Lefty. The house will be a little drafty but the exterior work is all cosmetic. Aluminum siding, though showing its age, is still solid. New windows will go in here and there and new siding will probably happen summer 2014. The one good thing the previous owner did was install a new roof. 
our seller was a greedy SOB, no realtor operating on his behalf so he had no common courtesy in negotiating just kept on holding out and had an excuse for every halfass DIY. We finally gave him our number and said take it or leave it. The negotiating was no fun. I hope you get it at the price you want.
they should have made the ipod nano bluetooth compatible, added some software and a bracelet two years ago. People spend $200 on an earpiece and $5k on a rolex, i can see thousands of people lining up for some goofy inspector gadget watch that costs as much as a pair of Nikes.
sorry for wall of text   Hey all, My wife and I are near to closing on a house and will be doing a number of reno's before moving in. It's an older house in downtown Buffalo, a couple blocks north of Delaware Park. Previous owner seems to have been opposed to normal updates but it helped us get a better deal and we wanted to make some personalizations anyway. Current pre-move-in list stands at adding a half bath, new kitchen and other assorted plumbing, refinish...
yea, im a big guy but I had a pair of the frees and I couldnt do more than a 1-2 miles without my knees complaining about it later. I run with the lunarglides and regularly run 3-4 miles and feel pretty good in them. 
PM drewtonius, hes on here probably once a week or so to post updates, theyre probably not in their regular routine the past week or so with their warehouse sale.
i don't mean to scare you off but my wife made an order from WP as she wanted some Rx sunglasses but the frame was crooked at the bridge so the temples never sat level. Customer service was great and they sent a second pair before we put the first in the mail.  Second pair arrived ok but within a few days, they had the same warp at the bridge so they didn't sit right on a table or on her face.    My wife was done after that and again the customer service was great...