or Connect

Posts by LatinStyleLover

As promised, here are the additional photos requested. Given some of the questions I have received I really do not want to post anything else. I wanted to finish what I started 10 months ago and show how nice the rebuild turned out to the badly damaged heel area, but I will leave it at that. Because these were rebuilt, by the Top Drawer craftsmen it turns out, and not simply re-crafted, the size did change and my dad was fine with that. They were originally an 11.5D US...
Edward Green Dover in Crocodile. Just returned from a complete rebuild, not re-craft.
The guy got back to me and says he will ship them to the UK for 22 €..
I don't claim to be a shoe expert and I do admit that the EG Dover is a nice shoe, but I think you are just wrong about the turtle loafers. 1. I love loafers. They are easy to put on and take off and are very comfortable. They also work well with jeans, cords, or even a suit. 2. The skins on those turtles are just amazing. You don't like loafers or this particular design of loafers. I get that. You cannot really tell me that you think the skins are ugly? I also...
Not mine to sell.The original pair of shoes was posted on this thread about 10 months ago and looked terrible. My dad bought them, I believe at the time, hoping to use the exotic skin to have some watch bands made up (he loves vintage watches). When he got the shoes he realized they were not "as bad" as had been advertised so he decided to try and get them "fixed." This is what the rear of the shoe originally looked like:Edward Green does not "normally" make repairs...
Okay, so not really going to answer messages individually, but I will answer them all at once. The above Edward Green crocodile are the "Dover." The Dover is one of my dads favorite EG shoes and explains why he was willing to spend so much money, wait 9 months, and have so much work done to them. And by "everything" I do mean EVERYTHING. The leather interior was entirely replaced and redone, new welt, sock, even the writing on the interior of the shoes reflects the new...
Okay, so you don't like the turtle skin shoes. Pops got the Edward Green crocodile's back today and let me take 3 pictures. I am not the best photographer so could not capture the true rich dark brown color (it looks almost black here). I now know why it took Edward Green so long. Apparently, in order to replace the entire back quarter they had to rebuild the entire shoe, not just the normal sole/heel replacement that comes with typical recrafting. Everything,...
Thank you for the generous offer. I have messaged him and asked if he will allow me to bid or, in the alternative, if he would be willing to ship to someone in the UK. Let's see what he comes back with.
Any proxys available for Germany?
I thought so, until your post!