or Connect

Posts by LatinStyleLover

My pops bought a Brioni suit a while back that had horrible urine stains in the crotch that were not disclosed. He sent it to his tailor and had him remove ALL of the lining and replace it with new lining. It then occurred to him that the urine stain was obvious on the white lining, but what about black or navy blue lining. So, sufficiently horrified by the Brioni slacks he determined that whenever he buys a used high-end suit or slacks with dark lining now he sends...
"Don Corleone: [glances briefly at Sonny] I have a sentimental weakness for my children, and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should listen."My dad has repeatedly admonished me to refrain from responding to any attacks made on him or his auctions, which he assured me would occur. In the past I have followed his wishes in this, but when you say his auction is "misleading" you are calling him a liar. He is not.No one, and I mean no one, provides more...
So tell all of us, exactly, how is it misleading? You mean, like he tells the complete story so you can make up your mind? What is misleading about it? You sound like a typical politician who makes unsubstantiated broad-brush remarks and just expects them to be accepted as the truth. What is misleading since you seem to think you are the expert? Now I know exactly what he was talking about with some of you a-holes.
I have been driving back to Santa Barbara for the restart of school and had not seen any of this. Are you out of your mind? These are my dads shoes, not mine, and he is the one who sells items on Ebay, not me. I have only helped him when I was at home and he had health issues. You don't know what you are talking about and since you don't maybe you should just keep your stupidity to yourself. You don't know me and you certainly don't know my father. Why don't you be a...
deleted
deleted, reported in proper thread.
Magnified 600 times and with the unusual bump where the crown is I am going with a Hamilton Khaki. Diver.
Is there a thread somewhere on SF where you guys discuss the most insane clothing related thing you have done? My dad, as an example, bought a sample book of Edward Green leathers (I thought about this because of the EG shoes we have been discussing) and is having all of the pieces made into watch straps because he thinks it would look amazing to have a watch band that matches your shoes! I wear a Luminox military watch with a NATO band that my dad actually gave me...
Actually, greekgeek is almost 100% correct...it is > $1000 more than a re-craft. I am not a shoe expert here so I will try my best to explain what they had to do. The crocodile skins from the vamp and the tongue are ALL that remain from the original shoes. Every other part of the shoes had to be replaced, including the entire rear quarter. In addition, the normal re-craft craftsmen were not able to do the job so, per the email from Edward Green, "all the work on the...
Does anyone have a clue as to the maker of these shoes? The only marking is this "B" They are from approximately the 1950's or 40's.