or Connect

Posts by Botolph

Just a model with all the gear and no idea. Brutus and DM trying to cast as wide a net as possible-- though I doubt many people outside the skinhead diaspora would wear "family picnic tablecloth tartan" shirts-- especially in the manner being portrayed by said model. Amazing how you can make any item of clothing look completely ridiculous with just a few small flourishes and accessories(i.e. the red hankie in the shirt pocket[?!?!]).
Well that certainly does NOT embody "understated style" by any stretch of the imagination.
     I'm pretty much in your boat, AYP.  I don't want to look like some hooligan or tough guy like I might have even into my early 30s...  My arms are pretty well-covered in tattoos and even with a long sleeve shirt my wrists show, as of course do my knuckle tattoos.  The way I dress and the way I present myself are certainly at odds(to the surprised observer) with my tattoos.  My wife's family are somewhat well-to-do Washington folk and they find me at least a curiosity...
Thanks, boss. I'm quite happy with it; it's something different and has an extra touch of class with the PoW check.I'm in the same boat as you with being an old/ex- skinhead and maintaining some semblance of style and class, sans the pinoccio boots and McDonald's employee-looking checked shirts. This thread and the "mod to suedehead" thread are great, if lengthy reads and have a great deal of relevance to the looks that I(and I assume you)personally maintain.
They're an Americanfishing/hunting/outdoors company-- so typically very generous sizing and not as "refined" as, for instance, Barbour. Good, hardwearing togs though.Also, check out C.C. Filson. Their sizing is more versatile.
I'm wondering where the other boys' hands are by the look on little Davy's face.
I hear you; there was a Ben Sherman shop about two miles from me(shut after a year), and the quality of 90% of their stock left a lot to be desired.Here in the Hub of the Solar System, there are some shops which carry APC and other stuff but not the above coat. As I explained, it was a gamble, albeit one that I won. Also having tried on many of their jackets in the past I had a vague notion of APC's fit. Additionally, I'm Mr Average: 17/34 shirt, 34" waist, and in...
Yup, you can't fault Mr. Porter for accessories. I justified it as an Easter gift for me, too.I got a beautiful Dunhill pocket square and tie presented in a Mr Porter cloth bag, and took a slight chance on a nice APC POW check mac(the chance being that I hadn't bought APC for a few years and wasn't 100% sure about sizing). The measurements looked right so I went for it. A really beautiful spring/summer piece(cotton/linen blend), very minimalist with no cuff...
The fellow must be from the Boston area...
Very nice. I have the Real McCoy's ones and they're excellent-- however the color on mine is a bit too "blue bell" and not the nice dark indigo of most raw denim, like the €50 ones above. Very nice score on your part!