or Connect

Posts by Botolph

Get in there, "Buttons"!
Defo ain't chavvy! Too refined. Looks more like "well-put-together-herbert"/former mod or casual.
Maybe I was hasty in saying that the tie should suit the face...  I guess it's more that the tie should fill the negative space under the collar nicely, and the collar should compliment the face, so: face>collar>tie.    I think I'm just jealous because I just can't pull off a Half-Windsor-- though the shape certainly is symmetrical and pleasing to the eye.      With the navy Crombie, the velvet collar isn't as apparent, so again it's a more versatile option.  They really...
1. Ain't the whole thing with the tie's knot about complimenting the wearer's shirt collar and face? A windsor probably suits your build and I assume you wear spread or cutaway collars normally?a. Would you wear a half-windsor with a buttondown collar?I. For the record, I'm a four-in-hand man.That's the cavalry twill Crombie above. Defo not a casual option. I have a navy Crombie short Covert Coat that I've worn with jeans, lighter colored brogues, and a buttondown that...
I didn't mean to come across that my dander had gone up-- was just saying. After re-reading my post it reads a bit "hair across my arse"-y. Ahh, the internet and the lack of proper emoticons to express colo(u)r and feeling in forum posts!!!As our antipodean cousins would say, "no wucking forries mate!"
I don't know about back then, as I'm roughly 40 years of age, nor do I care all that much at the abhorrence that the word "donkey jacket" seems to breed here, but I dig mine. Got it in the sales(APC is usually a little close to my ceiling as far as price range) for the equivalent of about £100. Leather shoulders, nice cut and all that. For the record, I'm not arguing that the donkey jackets were ever "proper" skinhead attire. However, wearing them in a certain way...
Yup.
You're probably right good sir. However, the dustman stigma with donkey jackets isn't present in the US. Personally, I've always liked the look of a donkey jacket, and my APC one has a leather yoke/shoulders and is made from nice melton wool. Granted, it's more of a workwear looking jacket and I wouldn't wear it the way I'd wear a chesterfield/Crombie, but I do like it with faded jeans, polished boots, and a black/gold barred scarf. A sharp but casual look, and a bit...
. Classic stuff!
I once made the mistake of wearing my donkey jacket into the bar to meet up with some friends in London-- I was immediately torn to ribbons by all and sundry. "Hey M___, how's the new job?", "The dustman's here!", etc.In America, I get "woah, nice coat!", or "what are you all dressed up for?"The moral of the story(for we non-UK contributors) is that the donkey jacket has some baggage attached to it in the UK(its country of origin I've always presumed), but damn if it...