Posts by Botolph

That's a perfect look with a white polo under the sweatshirt, in my opinion.
Stone Island is so under the radar here that it's barely a blip. Ex-skinheads, neo/pseudo Yank casuals/ultras, and fashionistas know what it is and that's about it. I've offloaded most Stoney gear and would never wear it in Britain due to its "stigma". A football hooligan I am not.The MA-1, to allude to your and Mr Ballantyne's post, is all about what you wear it with. I'd be comfortable wearing it with Quoddy bluchers, Adidas Tobacco or Riviera, faded jeans, and a navy...
Year-round, I like a (usually navy) mid-thigh length mac these days. I have that navy Cordings "Salford Storm Coat" for colder days. Made of Loro Piana wool but cut like a mac; it's warm but light-weight and waterproof. I have a navy cotton Sunspel one made by MackIntosh that's better for summer, and a really lightweight Stone Island one in dark navy, which'd be the most likely of the three to be worn to a gig.Otherwise a harrington is a go-to for me. The one I have the...
More than likely! Either that or some other well-dressed fellow.
Are you talking about Clovis and his (admittedly interesting)Frankish dynasty? 😐
Oof, terrible. My girlfriend in the mid '90s was dying for a pair of the DM black/white ones so I got 'em for her. I've always thought they look ridiculous.Very Squirrel Nut Zippers. 👎🏻
Yes.  I was told by an ex-employee of Louis Boston(a venerable, once-reputable Yankee clothier) that if you soak raw denim(for example a new raw denim jacket) in white vinegar and hot water(50/50) for about a ½ hour, it will set the dye and you will lose very little.  This also works for madras cloth if you don't want it to bleed.  I did this to a Levi Type III a couple years ago and it still looks relatively new.    For jeans, I don't mind faded.  Destroyed?  No.  However...
Yes and yes.  I like to wear my Levi's Type III jacket with light chinos, a polo, and bluchers or boat shoes.  Often while traveling for work, though, I wear brown Solovairs with it.  Definitely not "the Look Goes On" in that sense, but I'd rather boots than a pair of brogues in that situation.  
Summer footwear survey says...Superga "Cotu" in navySuperga perforated leather sneakers in creamQuoddy bluchersParaboot boat shoesAlden penny loafersBass WeejunsAdidas Gazelle(navy/white)Adidas Tobacco(tobacco/tan)
Harrington: pre-Lavori Baracuta, no contest. I have one of the newer ones in stone but honestly the Baracuta in 'slim fit' in a 42 was perfect for me. Over the years, I've nabbed a navy, an olive green, a tan, a burgundy, and a black --though only wear it to Bruins games or on a very rare occasion otherwise. I defo tend to stay away from wearing black these days, too. Everybody I know always wesrs black, black, black. Too damned dismal, funereal, morbid, and teenage...