or Connect

Posts by Botolph

Slightly off-topic but relevant to some of the younger skinheads who may lurk on here: Colin McQuillan of Belfast Oi! band RUNNIN' RIOT, died in his sleep last night while on tour in England. I'm lucky to have counted him a dear friend. "Gone too soon, forever young". Sleep well my brother.
   I suppose you're right.  Not many other choices.  
Ahhhh, I suppose you're right-- the look of a man wearing shorts is pretty childish for the most part. I certainly don't LIKE to wear shorts, but some environs my work takes me to are of a veritably disgusting hot and humid atmosphere. I like to look put-together in said environs without looking like I'm melting into a puddle of sweat.😄I guess my question should have been about a Tropical Equivalent version of "the Look"
Yeah that was me with the MR perma-prest recommendation. Great pair of trews. I fould defo see the merit in dyeing them a bit of a 'softer' tone like an off white and have been considering doing just that.I found the same problem with the BBros Milano in reference to their low rise(a lot of slim chinos like Dickies' slim ones go for a really low rise for some reason) and thus dig the Clark chinos... Not as trim but I dig 'em! Their lightweight version is a nice thin...
I'll wear a polo buttoned up under a jacket, cardigan, or sweater. Without something over it, it's always top undone. Except, of course, for the Smedley polos. As already said, they look pretty shabby when the top button's undone.It might be the way I move or my build, but an unbuttoned polo shirt collar looks untidy on me when worn under another article of clothing.I do agree one the "untucked with shorts" rule. Here in "Nova Inglaterra" it's way too "yuppie yacht...
   Indeed it does, sir.  Indeed it does.  
  Nice, sharp look for summer.   Somewhat similar ensemble for me today(including having just got a haircut, oddly enough!): White ribbed-collar-and-cuffs poloFaded Levi 501'sBass "Larson" Weejunsfreshly-cut hair
Wow, sunny England is getting a bit TOO sunny, eh? Welcome to the club; Boston summers are like that--it's brutal. I tend to go with something like this: White Fred Perry(non-tipped) Levi 501's(I have a few pairs of really thin ones) J Press sand colored canvas belt Happy socks or something else mid-calf and thin) Clarks desert boots(surprisingly comfy in the heat) Or Blue oxford cloth buttondown(sleeves cuffed twice of course) British tan Brooks Bros lightweight Clark...
Cool, thanks.
Hey Nicky, are you selling that shit at Boston Bobby's?