or Connect

Posts by Botolph

These posts have been pretty interesting. I'm no minimalist, and do pretty much adhere to the look aside from a couple nervous breakdowns due to our ridiculous heat and humidity-- but the ideas detailed above are inspiring if anything. My wife would thank you all if I were inspired to let go of my obsessively healthy wardrobe. Something to add here: For shoes, I'd add in a nice pair of boat shoes by Paraboot or Quoddy. Or on the other hand and in the minimalist spirit,...
Very nice score! Are those a dark brown/light ebony or burgundy? Hard to tell from the light.
Ah, fair play!  Horses for courses and all that.  
There are loads of skinheads in Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Korea, etc., and have been for at least a couple decades now. Obviously a twisted, fetishized, Oriental take on some semblance of "the look"(and often very punked-up). The best East Asian skinhead bands are those from Japan, though definitely not to the tastes of 99% of the posters here, or really within the scope of this thread.However, I as a musician and lover of most things Oi!, find it very interesting....
Here http://independence-chicago.com/fatigue-pants/ brand new for £26+ postage. I have a couple pair, great fit, high rise, though ever so slightly slimmer than the old tyme ones.
I personally like Gitman Vintage(regular Gitman I couldn't tell you) as they're slimmer fitting but not skinny if ya ken. Collars are a little on the small side(2-fingerish) but not a micro-mini like a lot of the fashion brands. I haven't tried having mine professionally starched, but doing them at home doesn't have as nice a result as, say, starching a J Press or B Bros collar.In summation I'd say that Gitman Vintage are a great casual shirt. Their oxfords and...
It's luckily overcast and not too sweltering in Nantucket, so for a "barbecue" I was just at, it was wearing Alden color 8 beefroll loafers, pique cotton navy socks, oxford cloth navy Engineered Garments trousers with a brown/olive surcingle belt to offset my shirt-- a crisp red/white/blue check Brooks Bros buttondown with sleeves rolled twice, Shinola Wright Bros watch with brown leather strap, and tortoise shell Wayfarers. Blended in just fine with the yacht club set...
I love Slade myself, but you'll get no love from this camp for them. As "skinheads" they were total posers, but man could they write a tune!!
That's Don Powell!***runs and gets tin hat***