or Connect

Posts by spitshine123

Now you can't throw out a bomb like those cappucino leeds and rutledges without pictures now, Sir!
For what it's worth, being a 8.5e on the 5 last usually, I recently tried on a pair of cordovan strands in the same size as my cambridges (8.5d) and they were a width too tight. Maybe the newer 5 last cordovan models are more true to their calf size? Might be worth a try for the price.Still wondering how AE would treat these when resoling... would they put on the wider sole like the original or a regular 8.5d sole which would be too tight?
Stunning. How was sizing for you?
The Cambridges are on the 5 last but seem to fit much differently than other calf and shell 5 lasted shoes I've owned. I am usually an e width, but these in d fit me perfectly (bottom of sole much wider and much higher instep). I bought these NOS off of ebay, so i have no idea when they are from (hopefully authentic). It has white lettering, a natural leather insole and white stitching on the sole.
My shell Cambridges today. I bought mine off of eBay a while back and they fit me perfectly. They might be an older model as evidenced by the white lettering on the inside and white stitching on the sole (no jr sole or horween stamp). The fit is also quite different from the current 5 last- much wider and a higher instep vs something of the same size today...I am scared that they won't fit anymore once it comes time for a resoling if they use the current 5 last and soles.
 The things I would do for a pair of walnut macneils at $299...
 Thanks for the info. Was really looking for some 3-last options other than the Franciscan. Good sale nonetheless for those who need staples such as the fifth ave and delray
 +1. Not a leather expert by any means, but it is reminiscent to me of AE seconds skins that have higher than normal "fat" content in them
 Thanks for the link. I think beside the Portland boot, there isn't much for me this fall (thank the Lord).
 A shell kenilworth would be perfect. Another member picked up a pair on ebay a while back- looked amazing. I am jealous of all you guys who have been receiving the fall catalogues! I received 2 for AE's new clothing line in the past week, but nothing for 2013 fall lineup. Anyone care to share? =)