or Connect

Posts by spitshine123

I remember someone asking about "pitting" with shell cordovan a few pages back, but I couldnt find the post to quote. Parts of my cambridges and patriots just wouldn't shine up with the mac method, so after about a dozen wears, I put a thin coat of allen edmonds cordovan cream on and viola! The pitting was significantly less pronounced and started to shine up like the rest of the shoe. It is still rougher than the other parts upon closer inspection though. Will plan on...
 Agreed. Nobody will ever notice. If they are comfortable, are structurally sound and if you can get over the "flaw" mentally, I personally would not return. I've been waiting for a pair of walnut cordovans to come up in my size for a while now and no luck so far.
 I've come across a few pairs of del rays with that wrinkling problem too (first and second quality). Sales Associates have told me it is due to the skin having a higher fatty content than usual. 
 These were available when I called, but I just didn't know how I felt about the concept of black shell. Does black shell actually patina well through time? Nevertheless, they look great!
Sounds delicious. Did you get them in shell? Please post pictures when they come!
 I'm pretty sure thats the way it works right? Here is an old description with the background:http://reviews.allenedmonds.com/7512-en_us/SF7801/bayfield-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=submissionTime&dir=asc
 Great looking boot. I would be tempted to snatch a pair up if they ever come up on closeout in my size again. They are also a conversation starter being they were the boots worn in the movie Titanic!
1 year old cambridges today [[SPOILER]]
Wow- congrats on the haul. I'm really digging the suede models and the BB Macneils. Great choices.
 Interesting. With all the AE fans on this thread we could probably purchase a tiny minority share . Imagine us having the opportunity to give thread-sourced input to AE's ops! (probably would result in massive losses)