or Connect

Posts by spitshine123

I remember some on this thread suggesting that Polished Cobbler being corrected grain leather.    Does anyone know if the upcoming sale will include belts? I would love to find some belts to match my Brown, Bourbon and Burgundy AEs
Has anyone requested relasting their shoes slightly during the AE recrafting process? I know cobblers usually can adjust the size smalle i.e. from a 9 to a 8.5 in the same width. I have a few pairs of 9D that fit, but I recently found my true "perfect" fit is actually 8.5E. From what I gathered from my discussions with some sales associates. 8.5Es and 9Ds start off their lives as identically sized pieces of leather, they are only stretched on the last and stitched...
I found the Tan to be lighter than the walnut (some previous posts in this thread agree with me). The fact that I've had my walnut shoes for >1 year might also accentuate that fact.
Would be very interested to hear if this is actually possible. I have a few pairs of shoes in 9D, but I'm a true 8.5E (not RM). I've never read anywhere that cobblers can do this without distorting/overstretching the leather
Personally, I would rather buy a brown or bourbon kenilworth with an extra set of laces. I don't like the idea of being locked down into a dress-style blucher with a colored lining and sole...
Really cool shoes- catch them on the 'bay? I really hope AE considers bringing back some wholecuts... I have a pair of fairfaxes in my closet waiting for their maiden voyage
I usually do this with my bals http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm. The normal bar lacing method isn't snug enough for me either
[[SPOILER]] Beautiful strands. Try bar-lacing or european bar lacing, i think it will make the shoes look cleaner (just my opinion). I am jealous of all you guys with low insteps that can bring the quarters together like this. My AE bals always have some gap despite fitting in the footbed
I'm guessing it has to do with domestic delivery rates. Quick google search says that FedEx generally is the cheapest option vs UPS and USPS for packages 4 pounds or more. As a US Resident, I have to say FedEx has been pretty consistent with their delivery from the shoebank... no complaints here. Apologies to our Canadian friends.
Here is an example on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-ALLEN-EDMONDS-MENS-SPIAGGIA-WING-TIP-WHITE-SUEDE-14-B-NARROW-325-/370777882330?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5654157eda   when browsing, I also came across a wholecut loafer. I've been waiting for a sleek wholecut loafer for a while now.... not really sold on the stitching...