or Connect

Posts by smeggett

Figured that would be the case. I'm still amazed that Italian costs are (still) as low as they are. Back in the late ninetys or early naughties, I was talking to a sales rep from Balcombe Flanges (based in Melbourne) and (whilst totally unrelated to anything remotely sartorial) he told me that their company could buy finished flanges drilled to whatever flange pattern (ANSI, Table D, E, F, etc) from Italy (made pretty much by cottage industry over there) cheaper than they...
So do you reckon there's a possibility that we (the royal 'we' that is) could successfully produce and export woven cloth to not only local markets, but the world generally? I'd imagine dyeing and weaaving (is that even the word in these technological times) machinery comes with a large initial capital investment, and perhaps a low ongoing labour cost if current automation trends in other manufacturing industries are anything to go by (looking at European manufacturers...
Sounds fair - I ended up going with SuitSupply - their sizing is on par with the equivalent in MJ Bale, but minus the same level of waist suppression. I have a regular event providing me with 6 occasions to wear per year, and usually have another one or two occasions, so it's worth to $500-odd spend.
Yeah, dim hotel room lighting and iphones are not a great mix... There's a decent full length mirror in the loos at work, but it felt a bit weird pulling out the phone and taking a snapshot in the same room people are peeing in (even if the place was empty apart from me)...
Had a chance to tinker with a fit or two this week. I'm not sure the iphone in the hotel room lighting photo does these justice, as the trousers are definitely a lighter blue than represented in the photos. I took another photo the next day, but the damned phone made it all blurry... I'm interested in getting people's feedback on the length of the trousers and the break, as I feel they may be a smidgin on the short side. Then again, i don't want them to be bunching up on...
I'm liking Rage right about now.   Saints and Cosmic Psychos in the first ten minutes! I really should watch this more often if that's the calibre.
A couple of photo's in today's Government Gazette outlining the process for making of RMW boots - thought Oli might be interested if he hasn't seen it already!   Here...   Oh, and a loooong story about the business and a cash injection from LVMH...
For those who missed the magazine section of the Australian today, it seems that P. Johnson are now considered bespoke*!   *At least according to the fashion Q and A section...   I don't expect much debate around what they offer (MTM and exceptionally well done), but it's interesting the perceptions that are out and about in the general populace (if you can consider a female fashion writer part of the general populace). Unless of course someone's getting a backhander.....
+1 to this! After checking out the AE Park Avenues when in the States a few years back, I was completely underwhelmed. They are, to me, just too boring when compared to, say a Loake Aldwych. I think it's the lack of sleekness in the last which tends to remove all style from the shoe.
 From memory, having had a fitting in early January, all the PJT suits are now made in Italy - I was told the Netherlands workshop was no longer making their product.I stand to be corrected if I mis-heard. Romp?