or Connect

Posts by smeggett

Panama? Got a decent hat shop around to try different styles out?
 As Foxy mentioned OH offer a great service. I'm in the process of having a suit made by them for my upcoming wedding  and have been impressed with both their service and the quality of their offering. The trial fit went well with only a few nips and tucks required. I'll be collecting the suit next weekend. I've also used P. Johnson in the past and the product is comparable, but I found something to be lacking with the service when compared to OH. Something quite...
Indeed! "Tis a fine drop, especially when on tap (which is rare, and certainly wasn't this night). Cooper's Pale is the standard beer in the fridge at home, but I've got say I've been enjoying some of the Pirate Life brews (the IIPA in particular) as well when out and about in Adelaide-town.
I think that's the game for them. you've just triggered my memory again - it was mentioned that they have (or are close to) signed a deal with two US department stores to supply product. The downside is the quality required for them to supply to the US market will drop their (annual, monthly, ?? not sure - we were drinking Sparking Ale, but I'm going to go with annual) production from 750k boots to 500k boots. I'm guessing this is related to variation (or, rather a need...
Met a fellow who works at RMW the other night in their procurement area. Was quite an interesting chat - apparently sales of the Signature Craftsmans have actually increased yoy since they hiked the price from $600 to $1000. Seems people find the boots more desirable the higher the price gets (well, to this point at least).   Apparently they have an MTO program as well which I never knew (and wouldn't bother with given the range of sizes and widths they already produce)....
Well, that certainly generated some discussion and a good range of responses to invetigate.   Personally, looking at the photos posted, I tend to side with @lachyzee in that I'm not a great fan of the Barbour and M65 type coats with the more formal office look. They do work well as casual wear though. Some of the puffer options look neat, as does the Mac and also the peacoat which I'm a big fan of, but contemplating whether it'll actually get cold enough to...
Speaking of being late to the party and all that... I'd like to get some thoughts on what style would make a good winter coat for Adelaide wear. I work in a fairly informal office environment - trousers and a shirt with no tie is pretty formal in this place - so I'm looking for something that can be worn over a shirt. I'm not big on sweaters and don't see the point in buying a suit when trousers from MJ Bale suffice for everything except the walk to and from work (and a...
Really SF??? Is this your doing @Ernesto?
 That is indeed the group - I did look it up a few days ago, but it slipped my mind when typing out the post above. I haven't looked at in detail or tried any suits on, so can't really comment on them. But I'm happy with the shirt brand (I think they have a few) I got there.
 Yes, Michael was saying most stuff is sourced from NZ. One of the shirts I ended up with was a brand called Wayward Heir - nothing fancy, just a good solid cotton shirt which manages to work extremely well with my body type.