or Connect

Posts by smeggett

Thanks JM. Picked up a pair yesterday with their 25% off sale. Damned happy about that.
Thanks for the tips gents - I shall get looking online to see what I can dig up. Both seem to be excellent options for what I am after.
Well we're well OT, but that's not out of the ordinary lately...I think however my point was missed. Only in as far as choosing to study the current trend in jobs (entering into a field at the height of a boom) is a bad idea... And that following an interest that may or may not be aligned with the current trends will likely yield a greater chance of career success.Happy to he corrected though as I have no evidence to back the above up...
Thanks for the post JM.I'm looking for canvas rather than leather sneakers, so the Adidas or Puma will probably suit. CP prices are rather scary... I looked at a few Lacoste numbers today, but rightly or wrongly they didn't have my size in a style I liked. I'm looking for something minimalist which I can wear in lieu of thongs (shock, horror!) with shorts and a polo and I like the idea of a canvas sneaker in a calico color (neutral enough to wear with shorts spanning...
From an education perspective its quite interesting to see what kids are encouraged to study versus the industry themes of the times. Its a great way to pick the top of a market - IT in the early 2000's, mining engineering in 2008.In all reality if you're (as an undergraduate) chasing the dollar you need to understand there's no way to pick whats going to be the trend in 4 years time, so better to chase your passion rather than a job you think will hit you with...
Edit: got to learn how to reply to posts on a phone!
Picked up 4 polos from Uniqlo a few days back. All with button down collars - very nice collar roll on them - and in a variety of colors. They're quite formal looking for a polo top, especially with only the top button undone. On another clothing related note, I'm in the market for some casual sneakers, CP style. Aside from heading to the likes of Sneakerboy can anyone suggest any alternatives or other brands I could look into (bonus points if there's a shop on the Gold...
If he did that before I left, i must just have stayed!
Could've found some blokes that can actually play the bagpipes! You know, like in tune and together! That's fuckin' shite! (Speaking as a bagpiper myself - not that I wonder much, I know why we can get a bad name!!!)
It's always worth looking around antique auctions if that's your thing. Went to one in Adelaide a few years back where they sold off the desk commissioned by Nugget Coombes when he became the first governor of the RBA in 1959. Nice piece of furniture it was and with some great history behind it. Pity there was no room in the house... But I did find this beauty at the same auction... [[SPOILER]] It all depends on what style you're into and what works for you I guess...