or Connect

Posts by kissmyjazz

It is interesting to me that despite all the mandatory stoppage time and playing in the nicely air-conditioned arenas, basketball players still frequently manage to run out of gas in the 4th quarter. In the soccer players have to play 45 minutes stretches with little stoppage time in between and generally have to run more due to the size of the pitch and manage it alright.  I cannot watch any more NBA live either, it is more fun and productive to read the game summaries...
With today's prices and it being Hawaii the price of Curry's camp is along my expectations. He could have certainly asked more and still would had plenty of willing customers. 
 I am sad panda. Tim made the fundamentally right decision, as always
If your team has enough star power, then good players like David West will gladly polish your bench for min salary. Honestly the majority of players getting min salary are no name journeymen or youngins who have not established themselves yet. There is a small number of middle tier guys who are underpaid on their current contract, but usually if they remain healthy, they will be overpaid on their next contract, so everything balances out nicely,PHI is interesting team, but...
Club owners are required to spend 51% of profits on players and there is minimum salary cap that every team has to meet. General managers throwing money at players in most cases in not stupid, it is something they have to do. You can of course continue to argue, whether everyone in the N set of max players is indeed worthy of such a salary, but it is pretty much a requirement to have (N plus/minus small number) of max players every year per all the contractual obligations...
 Stan van Gundy is gangsta!
Meanwhile, Boban is going to Detroit. Spurs situation with bigs has become rather dire and they have no cap space to sign anyone for more than the minimum. Gasol's signing looks stupid to me, not in itself, but in how expensive it is. 
I do not think he made a bad business decision. He will get a fat paycheck for one stressful week of negotiations and can relax playing for the mediocre team thereon. The talk about previous sacrifices and "making it right" etc is somewhat misleading, as Wade is still an elite player and his advanced stats are second best in MIA after Whiteside's. http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statisticsHe can surely continue to perform on rather high level for the next two years.
I think Gasol is a decent option but no way can he replace Timmy. Timmy was so good as a rim protector even the last season and Gasol is below average defensively. His offensive game positioning overlaps with that of LMA, so to make them two work smoothly together is not a small feat for the coaching stuff. David West bailed out already knowing that Gasol is coming, so he clearly thinks that Spurs have worse chances of winning than the last season. Good decision btw of...
I do not think Gasol's signing will improve Spurs chances. He is another slow player and their main problem last season was stagnant and isoball-heavy static offence. They have to give up Diaw to accommodate Gasol and Diaw was instrumental in bringing in some crucial dynamism on his "on" days.   Pachulia is such a dirty player. Dubs coaching staff better do something to improve game ethics. Is there "fair play" concept in the NBA? For some reason I do not see it...