or Connect

Posts by amathew

What were you expecting?  I'll be receiving mine early next week but I'm expecting something casual, fits like my Acne sweatpants w/ a slight drop crotch, but with made from jersey material. 
Shoes for summer, both for exercise/running and fashion:    
I joined SF in late 2011 but 2013 ended up being when I finally found out what 'my look' was. Still figuring out lots of things but hoping to use 2014 to check out different brands (dries, raf, rick, etc) and learn more about fashion history and theory.    Good: Schneider Bee (amazing, used as layer under coat and it got me through the worst winter ever in MN history) Geller flight pants Silent leather bomber COS wool jacket Nike flyknit Acne...
20% off at the corner from 9pm tonight to 9am tomorrow    TONIGHTONLY
I have a Peir Wu cardigan coat from F/W 2013 for sale. It's a size 46 (small) and has been worn only two times. I have way too many Fall/Winter 'fashion' coats (+ a TOJ on the way) and am purging the items that I don't see myself wearing frequently.   I purchased this from Suspension Point and am looking to sell. The asking price is $250 shipped   Measurements for size 48 available here. http://suspensionpoint.ca/peir-wu-tech-cardigan-coat     Shipping via FedEx...
There's also an 'Exploratory Data Analysis' being offered by Udacity. It's good for beginners and those looking to learn R.   https://www.udacity.com/course/ud651       I just hope the stats and data science job market doesn't get flooded with bunch of people who took part in a few webinars and now think they're experts in statistical modeling, bayesian stats, etc. There are already too many of those hacks. 
 Most variations of SQL are fairly easy to learn. Go read some online tutorial on writing queries, joins, sub-queries, etc. The big thing is practice. Find data and dump it into a MySQL database that's running locally on your system, then have fun. You're going to need more than SQL knowledge for the fun BI jobs though, namely an understanding of basic statistics and Excel. And depending on how 'sophisticated' the BI/Analytics/Data departments is, you'll need knowledge of...
 1. It depends on the job. The more emphasis that the position places on advanced regression analysis, classification models, or machine learning, a MS/PhD is going to be necessary. So unfortunately the positions where people are working on fun problems do require more education. Of course, if you just want to be an analyst at a random company doing hypothesis testing and linear regression, those jobs are certainly there but there's also plenty of competition from...
 Simulation In the context of checkout lines, let's say that you wanted to know how long it should take you to get 'served.' If you took the number of available tellers and average session length for an average teller, you can come up with an average wait time per person. In reality, the number of available tellers is probably small, so simulation can be used to run the calculations numerous times and grab the average session length from each iteration, say 1000 times.