or Connect

Posts by DunninLA

I would suggest a brown pair of bluchers next. Here's the thing though... if you do a lot of walking, thicker soled shoes are better -or- thinner soled shoes that have an extra thin rubber sole glued on. If you can beef up the sole like this, the Santoni Brenden in rust/brown would be a good third shoe for you. It is a moc toed blucher. The leather is thinner, the sole is thinner, and it has some padding in the inner sole (which is good, IMO), but the sole will wear...
re: sweater vest with too high a V nowadays -- That's why I have gravitated almost completely to button front cashmere sleeveless sweaters. Deep gorge, nice buttons... I have them in about seven colors/shades. I am the only one in my office of 150 that wears this style with any regularity. There are probably 5-10 who will wear the buttonless V-neck.
Agree that: - shoulder seem 1/2 to 1 inch too far out (very minor issue if you ask me) - neck size probably too small after 3-5 washings - sleeve probably about 1" too long. I like my shrunk shirts to hang unbuttoned exactly 1" beyond the buttoned wrist line to give some slack when I bend my elbow. Therefore on a new shirt, I like them unbuttoned to be 2" long (thumb knuckle) leaving 1" for shrinkage. - shirt body 2-3" too short.. .you might have a problem with the...
Wood shoe trees vary considerable in their shape, and therefore their ability to fully fill the forepart of the shoe (without forcing it). I recommend you try various brands to find the one that fills the shoe the best. Look for a shoe tree with large girth to fill that Santoni you picture.
Shoe trees vary considerably in their forepart shape. Some are wide and flat (appropriate to slip on shoes), others are almost cylindrical in shape, and some in between. The the size varies a lot too. You've really got to try different brands of shoetrees for each pair of shoes to see which has the shape to fill the shoe just right, just short of forcing it in. P.S. Some shoe makers of "lasted" shoe trees produce trees that don't actually correspond to the inside...
WOW! I just noticed your seller, kindgom-purpose, is the same one from whom I bought some used JM Weston 598 seven weeks ago for $177.00. Those shoes arrived via USPS, and did have a delivery confirmation from four days prior .. But I had not received them! I freaked for about an hour, then I found the shoes under the desk of the guy who sorts our mail. He said they had been brought down to him the day prior after having been delivered to another floor. The...
Only about 15 days a year when LA temperatures are below 50. What's the point? "Protecting the Shirt". How? How would body oils or perspiration ruin a shirt? Just wash it! Oh, and I sometimes I wear an undershirt when I wear a white dress shirt that is more sheer that I would like, meaning it is not 2x2 fabric.
Jacket looks good through the shoulders and chest. You could use another inch through the middle button, which is easy to alter at your tailors. Or leave the middle as is and use it as inspiration to drop a few pounds. I have a couple of pairs of pants that are very slightly too tight. I keep them that way to tell me when I've gained a couple pounds... a reminder. I like the look of that fabric.... seems like a nice, light weight that reflects the light very well.
Sniping has two advantages for me: 1) It forces me to think clearly, rationally and calmly about the true maximum value of a listing to me. And I can rethink it later and adjust my snipe price. It's a sort of internal, logical vetting procedure. 2) It keeps my maximum bid (using the ebay autobid or proxybid process) from causing another person to change from rational to irrational/emotional/pissed to outbid me. By that I mean this: - I use ebay on a jacket...
The assumption would be that shorter is sportier