or Connect

Posts by Gratien

For the elbow patches, suede is what might work the best with the level of formality of the fabric you seem to describe.   You can get MOP in different colours and shades. I've put some blue-gray MOP buttons on a sky blue sport jacket instead of the original plastic white ones. It works nice.    By the way, how structured is the jacket? Less structure (soft shoulders, etc.) adds to the casual look of it...
Obviously, it has a belly-one...  
  Obviously, it was my first post. Nevertheless, I've been following this forum and others for quite a bit of time. But I'll be happy to read and learn more as you suggest. Which is the object of my post and my interrogation.    So, since there are subtle differences in the cut, the cloth and the details, I'd be very thankful if you (or anyone else) could point them out and help me getting the picture with a summarized but somewhat comprehensive explanation or a link to...
I've read such statements many times on SF. But actually, I don't really get it. What's the big difference between an orphaned suit coat and a sport coat? What makes the first one so pathetic and inappropriate - and the latter so nice and suitable? Would it be a question of colors and patterns? I guess not, since I've seen lots of suits and sport coats on SF and in real life made with similar fabrics. Are there details in the construction, that clearly indicate to which...