or Connect

Posts by smoothie1

It's all good. I was just being snarky. I like the look of the denim, actually. It looks substantial and dark! Very nice.
It looks like a lot of roll on your jeans. Very nice chukkas.
This story about resin lasts, while possible, sounds like the stuff of urban legends. I would like to hear EG or a reputable reseller chime in. Also, if true, what's the difference over time, less than 1/32" all around? Much more likely that plastic is simply cheaper...
Exactly. If you plan to use shoes in inclement weather regularly, wouldn't you be better off purchasing shoes with rubber soles from the manufacturer, rather than third-party mash ups? G&G offers a couple rubber sole options. I really do not understand buying leather soled shoes, then covering them with rubber Topies. The integrity and quality will not be the same, will it?
Here's something else to consider: the way new shoes fit can be vastly different than the way they will fit after several wears. Break-in, slight to moderate stretching, and compression of the footbed, can all occur. I do not want to alarm anyone, but I would say, shoes that are snug or somewhat uncomfortable because they are stiff, in many cases, will loosen up and be comfortable over time. I have seen all kinds of mistakes from guys new to EG, who go HAM and acquire...
^^It's correct for sizing 0.5 size down (normally) between UK and US in EG. The width is a subject of a bit more debate. @TtownMD is definitely in the minority with his full size down.
Chestnut is a good color. I think it can be a little trickier for some people to coordinate with clothes, compared to dark oak, or even burnt pine because of chestnut's orangey-red tone. However, chestnut is versatile and goes well with sport coats, casual suits (tweed, covert, cotton gabardine, linen, fresco, even seersucker, etc.), corduroys, denim, and much more. Chestnut is a fairly casual shoe color that can be strategically used with attire from business casual to...
Polo for Ralph Lauren linen-silk blend trousers. These have been worn a couple times only. These are good quality lightweight summer pants in a full cut style. There are not any defects, stains, or signs of wear. Details Brand: Polo Ralph Lauren Color: light ivory / off white natural linen Size: 38" waist x 30" length inseam (42.5" outseam) Material: 59% Linen, 41% Silk Closure: Button tab and metal hook with zipper fly Pleated: Two forward facing tuck pleats Cuffed:...
Most comfortable and sophisticated shoes I own. Wear them regularly. 10 years plus...
Polo for Ralph Lauren 100% linen trousers. These have been worn once and laundered. These are good quality, almost new pants. There are not any defects, stains, or signs of wear. No returns. Details Brand: Polo Ralph Lauren Color: Ivory Size: 34" waist x 32" length Closure: Button tab and metal hook with zipper fly Pleated: Two forward facing tuck pleats Cuffed: yes On seam side pockets Two rear pockets: see pictures - flap and jetted, both with buttons Price; $45 this...