or Connect

Posts by YoungAmerican

We're posting about one (very limited) square a week in our Etsy shop, as the squares I've been making from short fabric runs are starting to pile up. Above is one that was a PTO Gentlemen's Association square from last year. First of two colorways - we have orange, as well. Below is one we made from a little piece (maybe two yards?) of silk that we found in an estate. (EDIT: Now sold out.) And while I'm at it, a couple that sold out...
Another new, very limited square in the shop. I dropped a couple in last week and they sold out right away. There's two left of the one below.
If anyone finds some cream flannels in 36-38, mine (old Polo) were stained and ruined recently .
For folks talking about dating stuff, I bought this book from Amazon and it's very neat and useful for that.
We made a post about stuff to buy on STP a few months ago.
We're going to be offering some of our very limited designs in an Etsy shop. I'm planning on posting about one per week, and they'll be up until they're gone - no resupplying, as our materials are largely vintage and always limited. This is the first.
An auction from the patron saint of this thread, The RJMan. He always has good stuff up. Usually mostly ties.
Giant PTO roundup today. It's a new year!
Listen to the story, which is about the history of the relationship between men's style and African-American culture. I thought it was an interesting piece. And that some of the above posts are just stunningly dumb. Yeesh. And I'll also add that while a lot of the folks in the slideshow have choices that some of us might quibble with (full disclosure: I know a couple of them), in the context of public radio, they are SHINING STARS. Wear matching socks and you're Alan...
That's the story of my life.A couple of our squares before being packed up for a StyleForum auction winner.