Posts by BlackChiney8

The pictures I posted were of my double monks othertravel. Those are the pictures I believe you're talking about. I haven't even worn that pair yet. This pair is what I initially posted to get the advice of the other members. This pair was purchased off the website Grailed and I was describing that the seller had told me that there was "little to no damage" and only "minimal cosmetic scratches". Like I mentioned, his description was inaccurate although I followed the...
Hey guys. So an update on the shoes I posted about a week ago came in today. I am a bit disappointed as the seller was clearly a bit dishonest. I don't feel like I got ripped off or anything but the seller's description of the shoes was not fully consistent with what I received. I've already contacted him requesting a partial refund. I was commenting previously on if fellow Toronto SF members thought deep scratches could be repaired/removed from shoes. I knew I was buying...
 Definitely not comparing SLP sneakers to that caliber of proper shoe making. I was just generally speaking with regard to the high end sneaker market. I own sneakers from Tom Ford and those are legitimately luxury. The leather is calf in a grade which would be on very expensive dress shoes and the shoe is handcrafted which is proven in the details. It also feels much more substantial and like it will wear/age well. I do agree that there isn't much sense to hem and haw...
 Really? I don't think it's a "serious" defect but I do consider that a manufacturing defect.
 Wasn't saying I was going to return them because of glue under the insole. I was just mentioning that it's interesting that a $600 shoe would have a defect like that. I know that the factory in Spain which produces them obviously doesn't QC check everything.
So I'm not sure of the general consensus regarding quality of various Saint Laurent sneakers but I was inspecting a pair of newly purchased slip on skates and was surprised by something I saw at the bottom of the shoe under the insole. Keep in mind that these are the "Made in Spain" sneakers and not "Made in Italy" like some models/variations. Basically, it looks like the bottom is cheaply made Styrofoam with light padding (I'm aware that insoles are usually what offer the...
I have a brand new pair of Paul Smith chelsea boots for sale in size US10 (They are marked 9 but sizing is in UK sizing). They will come new with box. The only reason for selling is due to The Bay falsely informing of size on their website and they were final sale. I'm just looking to get my money back so I'm not open to offers. The price was 209.99 + Taxes, so $237.30. This is a very good deal for a well made pair of chelsea boots. The model is the PS Paul Smith Gerald...
Grailed and eBay is where I find most of my things. Were any of you Toronto SF members a part of this Amazon Tumi deal that seems to be getting a bad wrap now. Basically, on Christmas Eve, a sale was posted on RFD that Tumi luggage, backpacks and briefcases (A lot of items from various lines) were on sale for up to 80% off. I got the "V3 International Carry On" luggage for $109.99 when it retails for $560 or something close to 600. Although now it seems as though Amazon is...
 Sorry althanis. I can see how that came off as defensive. I'll admit that it slightly bothers me when some members belittle others based on THEIR choices. There are vastly diverse walks of life on here (from the casual Nike wearing person to the John Lobb aficionado) and I just don't understand why some find the need to react to others with bashing and feeling their opinions/knowledge is superior to everyone else. Like Master-Classer just mentioned, some actually like and...
 This is the "Gianni" model which is in stock at both Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus online and costs around $3000 CAD with shipping and conversion/duties.