or Connect

Posts by ErikW

I'm in total agreement about the extra $100. For a boot that theoretically should last 30+ years, it's not the end of the world if you're buying a particular style that you really want (and yes, I am infatuated with the plaza indy). The tongue doesn't bother me much, but still not sure about the dents...Percolating on this one a bit more.
Hell, I'm spending over $800 on these boots..just want to make sure I'm getting $800 worth of quality.
Okay, last question - whomever was working on the welt was a bit overzealous with the hammer. You can actually see unstained areas  and there is a sizable dent on both welts. I compared it to my other boots/shoes and none of them have that particular defect. Is that something to worry about?  
Any thoughts on the color imperfections in the tongue of this boot? The rest of the shoe seems pretty close to perfect for Alden standards.    
Wish the code worked on the JCrew Alden boots, but it doesn't.     Other news, this may be a silly question, do you use a deer bone on your CXL boots or just on shell?
How does the 5164 last fit compared to the 4497?
Looks gorgeous. Maybe use the Zug in combination with another smooth leather around the toe box/vamp if possible? 
Full size photos here: Flickr Photoset   Picked this shoe up a few weeks ago, but unfortunately it is too small for me.    "Our newest Tricker’s model, the “Super Shoe,” was made even more super, by our addition of a medallion on the toe and metal eyelets. Rich burnished burgundy calfskin coupled with a red dainite sole looks great with denim or chinos and is a perfect replacement/improvement for those old sneakers in your rotation."   Original Listing: Leather Soul...
#8 shell cordovan wing tip boot from TSM for sure. I have already put a "reservation" in for a pair myself a few weeks back.  In other news, looks like I have a pair of Frans Boone "Indy's" en route.
 0702 or BOM-006 may be a good fit.