or Connect

Posts by ErikW

What is the ridgeway sole?
 Antique sole on a #8 LHS was something I've always wanted. Also, very jealous about the whiskey LHS. Where are they from?/
Hey Guys,Here's the update on the "Marlow" PTB:"I hope you are well.We are now on the 12th person, we have just got the sizing for this correct so now we just have to do the payment information and then we will be ready to start proceeding with the charge up of this order.I shall send an e-mail out when I start to charge this all." This has certainly been a much larger time commitment than expected. Thankfully, it was during my "summer break."
El Warlows and some fancy pants from Epaulet. The white welt thread isn't as obnoxious in person, I rather like it.    
C&J Marlow PTB on Whiskey Cordovan appears to be confirmed. Lauren said that she has 12, so I am hoping that we'll have our cards charged very soon.
 Both are on the 325 last. Remember, these are handmade shoes, so they are not going to be exactly the same every time. That said, from what I've read, the Marlow sizing is more in alignment with US sizing. I have generally heard to size down .5 for Marlow wingtips. Lauren recommended I size down a full size for the Warlow, and mine fit great.
Steinhart or a Squale are my two votes. Excellent watches with great design and resale.
 I sized down 1 full size from my normal US size. I wear an 8D in Barrie, 8.5D in Plaza, Grant, etc. I picked up a 7.5UK in the 2298 and it feels pretty spot on. I think they're a slightly better fit for me compared to the 8D Barrie, but very similar in shape.
Agreed on the white welt thread but that seems like a very easy fix. A little polish or just some wear and they will not be white for long.
Fwiw, I have many Aldens in D width and the c&j 325/335 last is not as voluminous. Much better fit for my narrow foot than Aldens Barrie last.