or Connect

Posts by rhubarb jam

Dejour is definitely open 7 days a week, 10 - 5 on weekends. I know because I tried to convince the owner to actually take some time off. I thought my 25 hour working week was bad enough :S   I find with Travellers, they are extremely generous with their free alterations. I have taken a pair of pants back twice to get the length just right. When I got my first suit, I didn't have too much knowledge of the finer details of alterations, yet they decided 3 separate...
No foreign currency fees at all BrownMan. I originally got it for my exchange in Sweden, as I didn't want the daily atm withdrawals taking a huge chunk out of my savings over a period of 6 months. I shop online without issue, no fees whatsoever, and an extremely competitive exchange rate. It does cost $10 a month however if you transfer $5000 into the card (I take it out again straight after) the fee is waived.   Did you end up checking out Dejour Jeans? To...
I use the NAB Gold Banking Card. I have the debit one which draws straight from my savings account, although there is also a credit card one which is a competitor to the 28 degrees card.   Interest rate is set by Visa rates, which is very close to the true currency rate. I used it throughout Asia/Europe and the Middle East without issue. Free travel insurance, and the most valuable of all, 90 days buyer protection insurance. If you buy a camera and it breaks,...
It's definitely possible. Whether it does justice to the original design and construction of the jacket is another story...
Blahman, they have two styles, straight and then slim-straight. I take the slim-straight. Keep in mind that the owner (A vietnamese guy who is superbly kind) will not only take up the hem, but also slim the leg, take in from the waist etc. For my girlfriend's pair, she is a size 6 but they only had a 7 left of the colour she wanted. He took 25 minutes and 5 different alterations fixing it to her body, basically running it into a 6. Didn't ask for any extra money and...
Speaking of denim for Melbournites, I feel that I should indulge the forum onto a find of mine. Dejour Jeans in Sydney Road Brunswick. Between $40 and $50 for a pair of jeans with free alterations. The denim is sourced from Bradmill denim and made in Australia. I must say the mutual benefit of cheap jeans and assisting an Australian company has made me feel quite happy about my purchases.   I definitely recommend the trek out there for all concerned.
Morning all,   First post, after a while lurking and revelling in the banter. Brownman, I also share in the distaste for 'smart casual'.  To me, it requires at the very least, shirt, no denim, and lace up shoes. A strapped shoe such as a double monk to me would be too formal, but a slip on may be too casual.  Of late i have favoured the mix of camel chino, cordovan shoe with a navy blazer. Tends to tick all the boxes and as a subtle base, allows for mixing it...