or Connect

Posts by OxxfordSJLINY

I also found that interesting, Kuro. Great minds think alike.
Interesting stuff there, CrimsonSox. Thank you. That being said, I still insist on more traditional fabrics like the ones I described. I also insist on traditional fabrics being English only. The exceptions to English only are cashmere (which I insist on being 16+ ounces, under super 100s thread count and Scottish only) and linen (which I insist on being Irish only).
Sometimes, in this case is only 1/4 of the time. And only when it comes to quality and/or quantity of handwork and (to those it matters to) lower costs of high end fabrics. The other 3/4 it is bespoke that, in every conceivable way, is far better, hands down. That is especially true of quality and/or quantity of handwork and (to those it matters to) far greater choice of fabrics. Most of all (to those it matters to), a far greater choice of fabrics that are practical due...
I originally typed superior when I meant to type inferior. I was in somewhat of a rush as I had other things to do that were very important. It was an honest mistake. I'm only human.FWIW, I just edited my post that you quoted and replaced the word superior with the word inferior. You should edit my quote so that it has the word inferior instead of the word superior. I sincerely apologize for that type-o.BTW, I agree with you completely. That is what I said before. I just...
I find it downright aggravating, nauseating, pathetic and sad (and even crooked and dishonest) that RTW brands like Brioni, Tom Ford and Kiton (which are far inferior to bespoke in every conceivable way; in some-about 1/4 of-cases, quality and/or quantity of handwork are exceptions) are in that price range. I know I am far from the only one that feels this way.
Tell me about it. But that is true about many (but far from all) people under 20. I would go so far as to call such under 20 year of age people terrorists (which, to me, is a synonym for bully).But then again, I was bullied like crazy in school (to the point of being put in extreme danger, actually). Therefore, it is ultra easy for me to think of the word terrorist as a synonym for the word bully .
Then don't switch to Alden. Their quality problems are bad enough to make AE's quality problems look like a day at the beach. And don't get me started on Alden's shitty customer service (where AE excels like you wouldn't believe). Despite all of the this, Alden is now twice the price of AE. It's ironic, isn't it? The Alden junkies (especially those here on Style Forum) will deny all of this (except the current price gap between AE and Alden, of course). Go with Crockett &...
I don't know about that. In most of the time frame since 2001, New York City, New York is just as cold as or colder than Chicago, Illinois in the winter as often as Chicago is colder than New York City.You must have moved from Chicago to Menlo Park, California before 2001, comrade. Otherwise, you would know that during most of the past 12 years, New York City winters are the same as Chicago winters always have been. Before 2001, yes you are right about Chicago winters...
Actually, half of the Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors do, in fact, offer coat and jacket collars attached to the lapels along with hand padded canvassing as extra cost options. For the other half of the Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors, coat and jacket collars attached to the lapels along with hand padded canvassing are mandatory. So all of this handwork is not mandatory with all Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors. You're...
Actually, all Continental European and Japanese bespoke tailors attach coat and jacket collars to the lapels by hand.Savile Row tailors Ozwald Boateng, Anthony J. Hewitt, Richard James, Maurice Sedwell, Steed and another Savile Row tailor (whose name I forget) also attach coat and jacket collars to the lapels by hand. Raffaelli and (IIRC) Giliberto & Sons offers this (and hand padded canvassing) as extra cost options.All of the bespoke tailors in this country that are...