or Connect

Posts by bauerbach

I bought mine on amazon, it was like 200 instead of 350... maybe thats not as cheap as it gets though.
Im also new to this game.  Just picked up a RLBL as my first "nice" suit.  shopped several brands, and I gravitated to their look.  I ended up with a regular, as their jackets were already among the "slimmest" that I tried, it landed about to my knuckles, a fair compromise in my mind (that and the short would have been a tad too short by the guidelines)   I was more concerned with the high arm holes and a decent drop to give me the silhouette of a young man who has...
1993, and extremely mature/conservative.     Who knows if the super loose suits will come back into style... but I somewhat doubt it, it was a derivative of the 80's.     His brother niles always upset me.  Look at this, the suit is ATLEAST 1 size too big... maybe 2 sizes.  and the lapel lol, you could make 2 or 3 suits just from the lapel fabric :p     though for the record, I loved the show.
Ive heard that a jacket should fall between the base of your thumb, and the cup of your fingers (like you should be able to curl your fingers under the jacket).   Im similair in size to you but wear a 40, a regular comes to my fingers, a short to my thumb.  Its personal preference... neither is right or wrong as far as I know.  if your looking for conservative, go regular, if you prefer the "slim" cut that tends to include a shorter jacket, go with the...
purchased a black label and purple label shirt, and a purple label tie.   From ebay, the guy was selling a fair amount of RL products, various types of clothing, 2 week no questions gaurentee.   Im very pleased with the shirts and thats probably all that matters, but it is priced because of a label and Im curious if there is any tell tale signs to confirm authenticity?
neal caffrey wears a fair amount of actual vintage suiting (make unknown).  He also wears varvatos and paul smith...  *shrug*   http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/11/neal-caffrey-from-white-collar.html   the trick to this is that most tv stars are wearing wardrobe suits, with no maker and unfinished seams to be refit for a different person later.  Goes to show that any suit can generally look good on the right physique, tailored well.   meanwhile I agree,...
styles that resonate well with me would probably be don draper, white collar, persons of interest.     but I get the impression that this crowd rejects the "slim" look.   probably end up seeing letterman with his bespoke suiting high up the list...
I can say that I am just saving my pennies, I just bought a RLBL charcoal suit, but while in there, the salesman put a navy jacket on me, it has shiny silver buttons.  yeah... loved it.  It will be my next big purchase.     I agree with you, blue with gold feels... old to me.  I get the traditional vibe, but the silver metal buttons stood out to me and I loved it.  I believe it was 14-1500 bucks, but if you have a RL store in your area and like the idea of silver,...
filling out the most hated of SF dress codes, business casual, I know its broad and means something different to everyone.  Personally,I like chinos in my wardrobe, but I dont love them for business use, the heavy cotton feels a little informal, even if it would be acceptable to my peers.   with that said, my interests focus on light to midweight wool and wool blends, possibly linen blend later for warm climates.   What are your thoughts on beige/tans, stripes,...
I did have it tailored, its with them not, thus no pics.     the search for a tie has begun.