or Connect

Posts by wiru

The bib things are usually a reference to fishing gear, no? Not that this affects their 'wearability.' WWM had some similar items in FW09. Maybe earlier seasons as well, come to think of it.
Daiki Talks About Engineered Garments Making The Collection We’ve sometimes had themes for the collection, but lately I suppose the pattern has been to absentmindedly pick up a few things that I’d like to do and somehow finish them up, even while I can’t really picture the outcome. When I stopped by the Aoyama store last year, all the big patterns caught my eye and I got the impression there weren’t many plain items. Actually I know this is because the plain things...
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse Brown shoes after 6pm. what are we, farmer?
Re: late Woody Allen, Sweet and Lowdown must be the most overlooked/underrated film of his from the post-mid 90s. Vicky Christina Barcelona and Match Point are the only other legitimately good ones. The rest, depends on how much you enjoy Woody Allen. Most have an entertaining scene or two but not really stand out.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin Daiki Suzuki discussing his style and wardrobe with GQ Japan: http://gqjapan.jp/2011/04/14/%E5%A4%...2%B9%E3%82%BF/ Hope this isn't already in English somewhere. Style Through Failure Daiki Suzuki – a designer based in New York, shot though and though with “Made in America.” We took a look at his wardrobe to find the secret of his relaxed, natural style. “As you wear your clothes down to the last,...
fishing jacket from 07
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace Nice try at twisting my words but you're the one who made the either mis-informed or ignorant broad-brush comment about Junya just putting trends down the runway. Not trying to twist your words, just trying to answer what you wrote. Anyway, my original comment was intentionally provocative, on the level of the ignorant broad-brush stuff that preceded it ('workwear' = garbage but junya = genius on a...
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace Aesthetically alone, has very little in common with TB or EG or Woolrich. Junya is not about Americana or Amerika-ji as you seem to be implying here. Not to mention that Junya design and construction is entirely unique and vastly superior to any mid-tier brand. I've seen people argue this before. I can only guess that you think Junya is high-fashion, conceptual brand, and a priori can't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet ^i don't classify junya in the same category as all this woolrich eg nonsense How do you figure that? For the last two or three years Junya has picked up some trends pioneered by Thom Browne and mid-market Japanese brands and put them on a Paris runway. I like the clothes, but it's obvious what current he's following. I guess they're in a different category in that Junya brings the high-concept-auteur-designer...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin The pants seem to be amazing quality, especially for the price, but they're very much an MC cut. I resisted the temptation after I saw fit pics that showed a top block that was too generous for me. I like my pants to show some delineation between where the ass ends and the leg begins i.e. you want jeans or chinos.