or Connect

Posts by fazalmajid

I'd love to see one in person as well.
Looks good. Could you share photos of the inside as well?
 In the US you can, that's the difference between design patents and utility patents. The iPhone is covered by design patents, as Samsung found to its chagrin. Of course, design patents are subject to prior art like any other. Putting an umbrella there does seem like the most likely use in this era of post-newsprint digital media. I tend to favor full-length umbrellas when it actually rains, and a tiny folding one when it isn't, but that one would go inside the bag (I have...
  I don't think so, 1-2mm thick leather should be plenty to protect it, as long as the glass is facing inwards.    
Cheers, there is a crying need for quality bags that are not overpriced. New brands like Want les Essentiels start that way, but after they establish a reputation, either jack up the prices or lower the quality (or both). There are a great many bag makers here in San Francisco (Waterfield Designs, Chrome, Timbuk2, Rickshaw Bagworks, Acme Made, Peasants & Travelers, Mission Workshop, DSPTCH, Archive, TAD, Zugster, Basil Racuk, Mulholland, April in Paris, Glaser Designs),...
You don't want to wear a bag with a shoulder strap on a suit or tailored jacket, it will damage the shoulders, and just not look good. A leather briefcase is really the way to go. Picard bags from Germany are a great value, but not available in North America. There are a few Tumi bags in your price range, or you could wait for their next sale.
 Not under $300, but I got this Marc Jacobs bag in green recently:http://www.mrporter.com/product/395028The quality is excellent, it holds a 15" Retina MacBook Pro in a thick padded sleeve with no problems, and has tuck tab closures instead of more fiddly straps or noxious clips. The only knock is the strap is a slightly different shade of green than the bag itself. Another option, at $300 this time, is this...
You probably want something utilitarian rather than fancy like most bags discussed on this thread. I have a tri-fold Briggs & Riley garment bag. It won't hold as much as a bi-fold, but it folds down to a very compact size and still has room to carry a pair of suits and change of clothing for a 3-4 day trip. The Briggs & Riley warranty is the best in the business - they will fix a bag for life no questions asked as to whose fault the damage is. All you do is pay for...
 Yes, I've seen the machine they use for this, they'll give you a tour if you ask nicely. Perhaps that's why the production delays are so long ;-)
 Well, design is a matter of personal taste, obviously. Glaser sells a lot to people in the petroleum industry, who need really tough luggage, and there is quite a bit of reinforcement using nylon thread, even if it is less showy than metal hardware.