or Connect

Posts by Keith T

So. Damn. True. And this exact point is something that I've used to 'defend' this hobby/passion/sickness in the past."If I really, really wanted a (insert vintage Corvette, 911 Cabriolet, whatever sports car here) I mean, if my heart was truly set on that-- if I would get a ton of satisfaction, and enjoyment, and years of use from that car? You wouldn't have a problem with my buying one, right? Great. I knew you wouldn't. Well, the fact is, if you took all the $$$...
Yes! My favorite of their current/updated offerings....nice choice, Dachsund.Loving the larger 42mm case, but it's still "in balance". The shape of the lugs and the bracelet taper both look proper to my eye. And I've always liked the all-brushed look for a "tool watch".I'm no cave explorer, but that's just a great modern sports watch IMO. The 24 hr. function would be quite useful while traveling. Really dig that big orange 'freccione' hand.In fact, I've seriously...
Newk's been waiting for that Geophysic to drop for a while now. Must feel like Christmas morning
Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look.Pics like this one always make me think really hard about going the vintage route vs. purchasing a modern dress watch.As long as it's a decent size with a clean, well-regulated movement, there's so much to love.
Thanks academe, this version was called the "New Vintage 1969", with the steel pieces being a limited edition of 500.I think I've posted this link before, but if you can parlez a little bit of francais, the best pics of it that I've seen online are here (far better than my camera phone shot):http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/t78043-zenith-new-vintage-1969I'm not really a movement "whore", but I had always heard great things about the El Primero, and I must say it's been...
Nice proportions, IMHO.As Dino frequently points out, rectangular and square-faced watches often "wear" much larger.I'd love to get on the Reverso tip some day....having tried a few out of the AD's case, I think probably the GT or Ultra Thin size would be best for me personally.Never tried a Squadra on the wrist, but as we've all seen, stitchy rocks his quite effectively.
Yes. Welcome, Dachsund. Is that the 976? Looks big and bold. I selected this one today...old pic (it will be far too warm for cashmere this afternoon)...
Nice combo, Cleav.
WHORE!Come on, I'm the first to jump on that?! Y'all are gettin' slow...
Why does it always seem Frilly is out having all the fun while I'm like, stuck at a trade show with a bunch of stiffs? Just. Not. Fair. Also, CMT1 that was a very helpful post regarding strap options. Agreed, that Reverso Duo looks ...interesting ...somewhat like an ostrich strap, but with extra POP. I'm also not a big orange guy myself, but that's certainly a great watch and a distinctive look.