or Connect

Posts by Keith T

Ha ha! Well, we just aren't normal, are we?
Congrats, chanoch. Wear it in good health, sir. Best4Best...nice Monaco, and I like the cufflinks, too. @belligero: what's a good example of the 16520 going for these days, in USD? I'm too lazy to shop around, and already own a 116520 so mainly just curious. For me personally, I still really, *really* want to see the ceramic bezel version in the flesh. But who knows when that will happen? I had just waited so long for Rolex to drop that combo in SS (black bezel...
Well, credit to firenze_rob for mentioning Al first, but I'm glad to hear that you found him to be helpful. I think the one thing that made the biggest impression on me, was a hand-written note that he sent after my purchase several years ago. Very simple, and probably took him all of 60 seconds, but a nice touch nonetheless. And he also sent me an IWC polishing cloth along with my watch. It's the little things in life...
Not an owner, but Grand Seikos by most accounts are great watches. They will likely remain unappreciated by most here in the US, however. And I must say that of the others you mentioned, I'd probably go for either the Ingeniur or Aqua Terra. The aforementioned Mr. Armstrong happens to have this blue beauty in stock, along with a few other models.....and I'm sure he would make you a fair deal http://armstrongrockwell.com/Omega/023110422103003_LG.JPG
Just for future reference, if it helps anyone else-- I've also dealt with Al and had a good experience.
Very nice pair indeed.
Heaven, is that you?
GO Sixties (non-date), slightly used = a real winner, and a value to boot. It's simple, it's subtle, and unless you need a whole lot of other functions, or have a short attention span then it could be a lifetime piece. MUT moon would probably be my other choice amongst those recently discussed. And apparently that makes me orthodox
+1 ... could be an instant classic, especially given the pricing. Also, @mildundklar, I've never been a big Santos guy ( and I do hope that's not a quartz ) but I like Cartier as a brand, and I agree that piece makes for a great little combo with the Sub. You can certainly cover a lot of ground with a pair of watches like that.
FTFY.