or Connect

Posts by Urthwhyte

The forum prefers sinnedk to isachenko ffs.   I don't think I've ever seen brad post shit about a new member who was sincere in their posting
No, that's Dropbox - AirBnB also has cool looking spaces. Yahoo! still looks like shit. The purple is heinous and covers the campus; it's one of the reasons I turned down an offer (0). They do seem to be emphasising it less and less in the newly renovated parts though.
If the same Herman-Miller furniture set against differently hued accent walls counts as interior design, sure!
IMO Yahoo has the best 'free' food in the Valley, and Google definitely wins on variety. Wasn't too impressed with any meals I had at DB, Palantir, or FB. Really don't understand all the tuckshop hype
That building is right next to Twitter and near to Dropbox, both of which are employing fresh grads at >150k/yr of total comp and far more for senior people. They'll do fine. It's only 50% more expensive than similar buildings in Seattle/Bellevue, so if anything the market in SF is trending down in price!   Also resulted in a moderately amusing novelty twitter account: https://twitter.com/rentenema, so they have that going for them!
just so long as they don't wander into the bowels of MC, though I suppose SW&D attracts relatively few people set on a future in IB and consulting
In this week's episode of "SF Critiques Your Life Choices..."
T, FTFY. The Bay Area is a nightmarish landscape of suburbia, office parks, and highways. The only nice parts are so exorbitantly priced that living there requires you *and* your spouse to have won the acquisition/IPO lottery. That I will one day have to move there to further my career is a constant source of dread.
paging @Benesyed
Tens or hundreds of thousands in debt is a good reason not to take a crack at it. Your friends in the profession likely made it in before the recent glut of law grads. To put it in perspective, I'm an English Literature undergraduate, and our advisors tell us that vying for a tenure track Humanities PhD position is less of a risk than law school; if you can't get into a T14 with huge subsidy/scholarships or into the HYS triumvirate and secure a BigLaw position it's...