or Connect

Posts by indigoeagle

Just a little feedback on the slim straights.  I have to say I like them quite a lot. The Cone denim is quite soft and a bit hairy, very comfortable and pretty light, great for warmer weather. I got them in 32 and they fit very well, slim but not tight in the thighs (the Tellason John Graham Mellor in 32 for example are too tight for me). I can't compare to the slims since I haven't worn them.
No, since I've just bought online. But good idea.
Does anyone know where I can get a RRL replacement buckle? Unfortunately RRL online shop doesn't have any.
Yes, the 1936 one is Cone. The limited one has rivets on the back pockets.
Looks like in 2011 there was only the distressed version.   Fitpice here     Also saw this two back pockets ones with leather reinforcements under the candlestick name.     And this one is also described as being made of Candlestick denim.  
Ah, thanks. They look similar to the AB Elfelts. Did RRL also issue a rigid version?
Thanks for the info.  Interesting, Mitsui is active in so many areas.
And is anyone familiar with the "candle stick" jeans by RRL? Apparently they were made in the same slubby denim as the Boss jeans.
Mitsui? The Sogo Shosha (Trading Company)? Do they also mill denim fabric?   And is the fabric of the newer ones smooth or slubby?
Interesting. I'm wondering where they got the denim from. I find the first one very similar to Oni denim. And fit of the newer one is basically the same as the first one?