or Connect

Posts by MrSmith

Thanks SugarButch,   the more I look at it I think the best thing is to go with the jacket as is, and not fuss about it like an old woman. from the 80s and proud! still needs an iron though, job for the evening :)
 in a word, yes. I think they're from the 80s, and to my current eye for jackets look ridiculous.
something in blue, if its a lightweight tweed I would try and choose a lighter weight fabric in the trousers.
Vexing Conundrum   See Exhibit A.   Harris Tweed Jacket in Blue/Grey that needs a good iron, a present from ebay.   It fits well, I like the roping, colour, weight, rear vents, sleeve length, even the gorge is nice and straight for once.   but the lapels.   UGH!!! those lapels!!!     What's a Chap to do?   do I   A) wear and be damned (and feel unconfortable as I think it's so fuddy duddy looking) B) add another button and get the iron out, to make the...
my new wastcoat has nearly reached me, I already have the matching trousers :)  
Wear it, break that bad boy in :)
Woah.. those trousers! i'm not sure if i'm horrified or ecstatic ! they're certainly incredible.
a link to canvas and suit construction   http://www.styleforum.net/t/269171/canvas-and-suit-construction   I have recently received a 3 piece from Tweed Addict. They're a small outfit, so communication may sometimes be slow but i've never had a problem yet, quite the opposite. I also have a new commission outstanding with them that should be ready in a few weeks.   I do not know if my 3 piece is fused or not, i've tried the "peel test" but my results were...
Awesome! good use of colour and texture :)
 AIn't that the truth. and the occasional partridge ;)