or Connect

Posts by MrSmith

i've used Tweed Addict and Mears, i'd go the latter of the two for just a sports jacket, although do you need a MTM? something off the peg would be fairly easy to find then alter
Originally Posted by NeedForTweed123    So I'm not crazy? I thought they would be nice with a barbour jacket or with a tweed jacket and a sweater. I get not wanting to overload on tweed, but I figured 2 tweed pieces in an outfit with something else to break them up looks good.        I have a combo of woodland green harris tweed combat trousers, an ecru heavyweight submariners wool rollneck jumper and brown wax cotton smock, looks a bit 1940s and I love wearing the...
In the process of having a clearout, here's some of my charity shop tweeds going to the big ebay in the sky  [[SPOILER]]
Walker Slater have a sale on... maybe worth a look, i've nabbed myself a clegg coat http://www.walkerslater.com/shop/sale/men
not to forget either that Berretta Shotguns are the dogs bollocks for those shoot days in your 3 piece with breeks :)
something a little different on the tweed front - tweed hoody, anyone? http://www.maudeandfox.com/
I have adopted the attitude of "make it an occasion" and now it's any excuse to wear something frm the MrSmith stable. On the plus side, people notice you as dapper,groomed and mildly eccentric. On the minus side, people notice you as dapper,groomed and mildly eccentric. There's been at least one wedding i've been to where i've heard muttering about "who wears tweed to a wedding?" while surrounded by a multitude of men in badly fitting shapeless cheap polyester suits. It's...
Quote:Originally Posted by Kai  Cross post from WAYWRN Fall weather here:     A lovely herringbone. Kai, tell me when you're away on holiday, based on what i've seen so far I think i'm going to come over and steal your entire wardrobe.
Looks good, IMHO if you had a brighter tie you wouldn't need the scarf
Thanks SugarButch,   the more I look at it I think the best thing is to go with the jacket as is, and not fuss about it like an old woman. from the 80s and proud! still needs an iron though, job for the evening :)