or Connect

Posts by slimandnone

I'm a maybe. For dinner, try Ragazza at 311 Divisadero, between Page and Oak. They have a back patio (weather permitting) that can accommodate larger parties.
I have only been to Barcelona, so I can't offer a comparison, but I can say that Barcelona is a really fun city to visit.   As for food/drinks, here are some places I recommend:   El Xampanyet -- a small tapas bar very near the Picasso Museum; order the xampanyet (house-made sparkling wine (I guess it's Catalan for "champagne")) Bar Central -- in the back of La Boqueria, the huge food market on La Rambla Pla --...
I'm wearing the chocolate today, I already have the navy, and I just picked up the caramel. Good stuff for sure. The Walt works better for me than the Rivet, and these are such a great middle ground between the two.
Just got a pair of these this week but I haven't worn them yet. I like the cuffs, although I'm leaning toward no cuffs for mine. Cuffed pants just collect dog hair around my house.
 Bad-ass.
Are these the Carmina Fitzgeralds? Please tell me they are horribly uncomfortable and super-ugly in person so I won't buy them.
Hey all,   I am seeking advice from the group. I would like to buy a wingtip shoe, and I am currently focused on the Alden shortwing in burnished tan, and the Carmina Fitzgerald in dark brown calf. My intent is to find something versatile -- these days I am trending more toward business casual, and even denim, as opposed to suits or sport coats, but I do like the idea of being able to dress it up when the occasion calls for it.   Does the tan of the Alden make it more...
 I vote for either the olive or forest, but that is 100% my own personal taste and not a guess as to what will sell best.
Hey David,   I dropped an email to the Baldwin email address yesterday but I'll ask here, too. Can you provide some sizing guidance and/or measurements on the Reed in raw selvage? It often seems that denim brands recommend sizing down one in the waist -- I'm usually a 32 in dress pants, but most denim I have is a 31. What's the shrinkage/stretch factor for this fabric?   Thanks!
I'm from Kentucky, too, but I never acquired a taste for bourbon. It's one of my great personal failings, and one I vow to remedy every New Year's, along with my yearly resolution to become more patient. I'm still working on that one, too.