or Connect

Posts by Trent Aldonado

Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Do you people ever actually use the words "nouveau riche" in real life or is it something you just like to throw around on the internet? I swear, if I ever heard someone say "nouveau riche" in real life... EDIT: Oh, and, when I hear people speak French, I can't understand a word of what they are saying even though I speak English and various Slavic languages and can understand a good deal of...
Quote: Originally Posted by pejsek Hmm, I see your point. I think it's just the way it's made. As you can see, the Chen buttonhole is not as tightly bound as the other two and as a result the blue thread in particular pokes out a bit. No doubt a technical failing but keep in mind this is quite a bit larger than actual size. And Mr. Aldonado, I wonder if you are perhaps acquainted with Mr. Grayson. Both of you seem to have an unerring eye for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Something is amiss as Kiton buttonholes look the best in my small collection. I think there might be a problem with the jacket being pressed. I've never seen a Kiton buttonhole sunken like that. It's pressed in, but it is also very wavy and a bit messy. Do you have a picture of a good one they have done? I would be curious.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edward Appleby Dude how self-conscious is your small group of friends? Also, for three of the last four nights you have been posting on this very subject during party time. Slow week?
The first one and the one on the grey shark look excellent to me, with a nod to the grey shark. The Kiton one looks very, very wrong like it is half submerged in the fabric and not all that well made in the first place. I believe the comment about the cut through after hole comes from the fact that you can see fabric on the inside of the hole. Just a guess though.
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz Are you serious? You think Anglo-Saksons use different language than Latins? It is the same Latin just more mangled. Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher Huh??? I have a few friends who are Ph.D. linguists who also believe that English is a latin language. Of course, they are likely wrong as these two are about many other things. They are, however, able to come up with...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I can't believe you are even trying to pull this. The guido is the Georgi vodka of NYC. They imitate the best, do a horrible job, and in turn create a product that is worthless and should be thrown into the garbage. Not to mention it emanates cheap. This isn't to say I approve of Manhattan's banker boys. They are complete douchebags in their own regard for the most part. As are the hipsters. But neither...
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater And yet somehow, the people from the tri-state area seem to be the most affluent and most educated people in America. Weird how a bunch of uncouth, smarmy, bottomfeeders can attain such achievements. Not really too weird. The love of money attracts all of those qualities.
I dare say that a common misconception is that New Yorkers are somehow above Jerseyites. From my point of view, the whole lot can be thought of as quite uncouth, especially when compared to the residents of other US and Western European metropolitan areas. Even in the upper echelons of the NY business world there is a smarminess that one does not encounter elsewhere. The guido and guidette are just the complete distillation, the everclear if you will, of the rest of the...
Is the zhopke what I think it is?