or Connect

Posts by Gorpomon

Just bought this J. Crew suit for $300 with their 25% of sale.   Random Fashion Thought 1: I'm worried getting the pants in slim with my waist size will make me look like "clown dressed by internet" but the regular ludlow pants needed a lot done in their "seat" for them to not appear incredibly bulky. I'm cautiously optimistic, as the Ludlow jacket works great for me, just need the pants to connect.   Random Fashion Thought 2: Dressed by the internet, I take...
Quote:   Yikes! Seam vs. hem, I should have recognized the error I was making. That's not even from a lack of tailoring knowledge, that's my knowledge of common English vocabulary temporarily abandoning my body.   Also, thank you for putting that issue to rest for me, for about two years I've been seeing those and wondering why my tailor didn't like/care enough to make my seams straight, and now I realize what a fool I've been. I seem to recall reading a style...
Hello everyone.   My continuing thanks to the tailors who continue such an informative thread. This post is also about an issue I have with my pants, but to illustrate it I'll actually be posting a screen cap from season one of Put This On.   I noticed when I had some pants tailored, and had them tapered on the leg, I got the rippling on one side of the hem, just as Mr. Thom Browne (himself!) has on his leg.   My questions are: 1. What is the cause of this?...
Hey all, name's Ron. Started reading/seeing style in college, when on a flight back to my home in the DFW Metroplex, my then girlfriend begged me to read a GQ instead of a videogame or computer magazine. One in-flight read and I was hooked. I remember as soon as I got back to school, her and I went to a Gap and got some clothes, which at the time was a definite upgrade. Before that I was ratty jeans from wherever, college/nerd t-shirt only, hoodies from places I went on...
Hey bro, I'm 26, out of college a few years just like you, so I can empathize.   I say these answers, but with the disclaimer I'm feeling a lot of the same things you are, and I'm nowhere near resolved on them, but let me advise you of some stuff that's made me feel better or I think might work for you.   1. Consolidate those loans if you haven't. The government offers a good deal, I was able to wrap up about many $k of loans into $150/month. Yes repayment will...
I saw replies from A Tailor and Despos, thank you both for taking the time to answer my question, even though I'm new here, and my webcam photos (only camera I have!) weren't the best. I truly appreciate it.   Regards, Ron
Hello everyone, I'm new to SF, I just discovered this website today. This thread is particularly cool, and I've devoured all 231 posts so far, what a good way to spend an hour.   I think this is probably the best spot on the internet to answer a long burning question I have.    I got these pants tailored earlier this summer, after a few wearings I noticed what is in the picture, a black schmutz of string on the crotch of the pants. After I saw this, I stopped...