or Connect

Posts by Gorpomon

I love Junya Watanabe a lot, but this piece is pretty bad. The middle is fine, but its the collar and the bottom area (the bottom two buttons) that makes it odd looking. Also, it does look like its bit big on his frame. 
My two cents, tell anyone who says "If you gotta ask then you can't" to go to hell.   You're not a character in an Ayn Rand novel who is some well spring of self-security, you're asking anonymously on the internet to just get everyone's opinions, it doesn't mean you lack "swagger".   Wear what you want to wear, as long as you do it honestly and free of pretension, then it can work. Now... you might look at pictures of yourself in a few years and kick yourself... but life...
I've worked in inside sales in industry, a far cry from clothing retail, I'll admit. No matter who called, I treated them with respect and kindness and they knew I would work get them the best price (I'm in a price based, not quality based industry). That being said, I had to be smart about it. Our best account, they get my first attention. If you literally only buy $100 worth of product from us once a quarter, you have to wait for pricing/quotes, etc. Most customers...
  In my opinion, no.   I often am tempted to do the grey or navy slacks with brown shoes/belt, and a black sweater, and it just doesn't really work.  I end up switch to black shoes/belt.   This gentleman ^ is right, just go with a white shirt. Also, whiteshirtmania! will be returning any day now.
    Same with me, I have shoes (very similar to yours) that get complimented, but the undercurrent is that people are just shocked I care about shoes enough to have a pair like this and know how to wear them. The women (mostly women) have told me several times they like that someone they know really tries. I should be asking if I'm executing well though   I always appreciate any compliment, but I have to admit, it is depressing that just trying in today's society is...
I called it the Sid Mashburn look because he seems to do it best. He definitely didn't invent it, unless he's secretly about 100 years old
First, I have to say that Von Franz, I would thumbs up your post 100 times if I could.   And I appreciate everyone else's feedback on this too. I can't deny it, the look is a bit precious. My favorite band is Belle and Sebastian, I'm ok with precious. I'm a younger fellow, professional, mid 20's, and I think the style is really suitable for my lifestyle. Full on suits just elicit questions of why I'm so dressed up (casual office, even more casual friends), but...
Post some pictures to get valuable feedback, blur out your face if you want to remain anonymous. Also have you taken use of the thread where three esteemed tailors help you get the best fit out of your suit?   -Ron
Hey all,   Looking on getting a blazer and jeans to do the "Sid Mashburn" look. I know this look was done well before Sid, but from the pictures I've seen, people associated with Sid seem to do it best, so in my mind I dubbed it in his honor.   Few questions on doing this look.   1. Is it generally a blazer or a sport coat? Any brands that really work well in this casual look? 2. What jeans go best with this? I know they have to be pretty neat and slim. APC...
Hello gentlemen!   I recently purchased a J. Crew cotton suit while they were running a sale. I would like your opinion on if the coat seems to fit my body (I think it might be too tight), and then what can be done to improve the suit. Also I feel concern about the shoulders, as they are one of the most important aspects of it.   Let me start off by making a few quick points. 1. I generally feel the J. Crew Ludlow suit flatters me, I have a linen blazer in it...