or Connect

Posts by Gorpomon

Is anyone familiar with this brand?I found them when shopping on the Need Supply Co. website. I did a SF search to see if I could find anything and nothing came up.   I'm interested in their Grand Street Raw jean, it looks to be about exactly what I look for in a jean in fit and wash. I'd be interested to know what people's experiences with the jeans are. The price is pretty low, I'm wondering how the quality holds up.   Any feedback...
A. Testoni basic shoes, I got them off of Gilt and never returned them. Worn about 4 times in their life. $40 shipped.   Inside of the shoes have some Gold Bond powder residue, nothing a little elbow work couldn't remove. Please note I did wear these with socks, I powder all my shoes and in the inside of my socks, its a quirk of mine (love that cool powder feeling). Shoes are in great condition, been polished 2 times and have had shoe trees in them for most of their...
Really its about the tie, not the cost.   If its a look I want to try but I suspect might not really like in practice, I'll go TieBar and get out for $15. I've paid $50-ish for ties from J. Press I liked and I've gotten plenty at department store sales for $10-$20   Hopefully one day I can warrant a great tie from Hermes and I'll gladly pay for the quality, but in the meantime will look for a good deal used on eBay.
I'm surprised people have answers that go above "god no."
It's the end of the year, can't resist a good list.   My style journey is just a few years old, so I don't even have 10.   1. Navy blazer 2. Neat dark denim, slim 3. Navy socks 4. Brown wingtips 5, brown belt 6. White button downs, spread and OCBD     AND MOST IMPORTANT 7. Gold Bond Foot Powder, so I can kick back and take my shoes off worry free. Grooming >> Style    
Been asked to death I'm sure, but I would appreciate anyone who can help so I don't have to wade through hundreds of posts.   1. Can you wear a pea coat over jacket/tie? Or do you need a topcoat over jacket/tie? Is it common to wear pea coat / top coat with shirt and tie, and skip the suit jacket?   2. What neckwear is the classic neckwear to go with a blazer (navy, gold buttons, pretty standard)   3. Should you wear a pocket square with a blazer?   Thanks!
I saw this post mentioned in PTO, it is clear, concise and excellent.
I just got a Wood & Faulk bag, specifically that blue leather one the OP has pictured.   I'll post some pics and my initial thoughts on this thread so future people considering WF have something to go on.   WF Service: Before I ordered I asked Matt @ WF if the blue bag was suitable for a laptop. He informed me that some of his friends use it for this, but that the bag is not padded. Upon receiving the bag, that was pretty much the case. After ordering the bag...
A few years ago, after my interest in clothes started, my really nice aunt and uncle got me a Men's Wearhouse gift card "because you like clothes now".   I graciously thanked them for the thought, at least they were sort of headed in the right direction. I then tried to sell the $50 gift card for $40. No takers.   Whenever people excitedly tell me to look into places like MW, JAB, Burlington Coat Factory, etc, I just tell them one of two things, "Thanks, but that...
With a billion people, I'm sure there are plenty of people there who appreciate fine quality and eschew flagrant branding. Perhaps a small percentage, but a sizeable quantity. This country too is full of people who only wear things when there's a gaudy brand on it, posteriors with the word "Pink" come to mind...