or Connect

Posts by Friday

Thanks all! I have a couple of pair of RW boots, but I was really itching for some oxfords so I thought I would give it a shot. The light color roughout is tricky - when it's new it looks amazing, but they look really bright when you're wearing them. As they age they get pretty dirty, but not in a way that make them look better - kind of like when light colored suede Clarks get dirty. The mink oil made all the difference.
Here's a little project I've been working on. I cut these Red Wing 6" "roughout" mocs into oxfords, finished the cut edge with some veg tan, and wore them for about 6 months. The light colored roughout doesn't really look all that great as it gets worn so I gave them a coat of mink oil (last pic) to see if that would make any difference. It's hard to see here, but it darkened them quite a bit and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Looking forward to seeing how...
We have some of our design samples and second quality items (cosmetic blems) for sale through Monday only. We typically only do a sale like this once a year, and there are several one of a kind items, many up to 50% off.    We're also including a free sample of one of our new candles in every order.    http://fridayandriver.com/collections/sale-november-2016
Made this little guy and have been using this one most of the time lately. Single piece of English bridle leather, nice and slim. I keep a few of the cards I use most in the front slot, the rest in the back. It's starting to wear nicely.    
Newberry, That color is amazing, I've been looking for something similar but no luck. 
Had a request for a bandana woggle so I knocked these out. The one here is russet, but I did versions in blue, black, red and natural. It's definitely a particular look, but they were fun to make since I used to make these out of different materials as a scout many years ago.   
The orange and green combination is amazing. Very nice.
Really like the collection of textures
 You could look at the Padded Computer Bag. I used it daily and carried similar items. It's a bit on the big side, but the slight padding, especially on the bottom, is really nice to have if you plan on carrying a lap top. Blue or black are really versatile if you're using it in a work environment.