or Connect

Posts by applky

I cold wash and hang dry my cotton chinos, and none of them have ever stretched, either.  You know it. Everything I see these days is evaluated in terms of "can I wear this to the beach?" Summer, it's just around the corner...
@Big A that look is great. Doyle suits you nicely.   Oh man the Kamigatas are up. That crosshatch denim looks amazing. Would wear over shorts at the beach.   Rob, great no cuff look on those Walts. They're just right.
I'm slim, but I have athletic thighs and the Stanton works great for me. I did size down two from my TTS size (Stanton 30, TTS 32), and for people with much larger thighs usually sizing down only one is the ticket.   Also Karl is great about exchanging sizes, in my experience. Or you could try ordering from a larger outfit with free shipping like Need Supply to try to suss out sizing before committing to one style.
Hey Rob, by "colorblock," do you just mean solid color? As I understand it, colorblock usually refers to a swath of color across a garment. These linens just look solid to me.   I should also say that these linens also look awesome. Really sharp.
 +1 to this, and @aldenfan David is also happy to advise. He defaults to traditional dimensions and either 3- or 4-fold construction in my experience -- won't upsell you on more complex construction, though he's happy to do it of course. It's only as complicated as you want.
Love that pattern mixing. Tie looks fantastic.
What @neutrino says sounds right on. Lay a well-fitting pair of pants flat and measure across the waist, then double it. Ideally you'd want a pair of pants that has a similar rise to the one you're measuring for. The Walt and RC should fit you slightly differently -- the fits are quite different from each other, especially the rise.If it helps, both are sized to be worn TTS, for the most part.
My tie that also has this issue on the narrow end is a six-fold lightly lined handrolled wool challis and also arrived like that. It's been hung on a cedar tie rack for several years and it hasn't fallen out. David, would you still recommend light pressing in this case? I haven't done so, given all the admonitions we've all heard against pressing handrolled ties.
NP and thanks!
One of my tie tips have also done this. Would be curious to hear more.