or Connect

Posts by applky

^ Some regret on not picking that up. Still, the Greycast Cocoa I purchased is amazing. Hope others in the thread grabbed that. It's gorgeous.
 JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis. I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both...
For sale is a gorgeous Epaulet Cadet Grey suit -- the first suit made by Epaulet. The jacket and Walt trousers are of a beautiful worsted merino wool -- gray with a slight blueish cast. Breathable and substantial, the fabric is perfect for a four-season suit. The jacket has incredibly soft tailoring and hacking pockets. Non-functioning buttonholes for easy sleeve alterations. Light gray tonal paisley lining in the body and sleeves.           For color-accurate...
Up for sale is a gorgeous pair of Epaulet Shetland Tweed Walt trousers -- perfect for fall and winter. The fabric is a violet-brown herringbone Shetland Tweed. It's a beautiful fabric that reads as on the brownish side from a distance -- amazing with a navy jacket or sweater. The detail photograph below shows the interlocking of violet, brown, and blue/navy yarns. This fabric is permanently sold out and was deadstock I believe.             Stock photo -- a bit...
 Warmest at the top: 1. Lined Harris Tweed Walts; rare -- usually FF only2. Shetland Walts; ran last year, haven't seen this year3. Flannels4. Other tweeds, like UK donegals5. Flanella; I don't own any of these so maybe switch with tweeds? others can chime in6. Everything else; in the winter I don't think there's much heat difference between hopsack, super 120s, etc
^^ Studies in contrast
 Does this mean a Dark SK (like the Dark Stanton) in overdyed/black-indigo denim? Speaking of which, are there any fade pics of the new selvedge Dark Stantons around the internet? Nearly everything is of the old non-selvedge versions. Ideally something that's more than just the 4-months-in-you-guys pics -- 1 yr+?
^ I have the LP Donegal Cashmere, and can't imagine my wardrobe without a medium brown donegal tie. Kop immediately.
Nice coat. I like the rather pronounced lapels. I hope Southwick can do something similar. What is the appeal of working buttons on an overcoat? I have one with working buttons but never use them. (On an SC on the other hand I think they're great.)
Also interested in a normal-ish navy overcoat. Have been for some time, but in a double-breasted peak lapel model.